VCMP-Squirrel highlighter and autocompletion for Notepad plus plus

Started by habi, Apr 12, 2022, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habi

Hi i was just making a highlighter for notepad++.

Yes this highlights and autocompletes function and events.

I have not added, the usual functions like print, fget, format etc yet.

Installation
Download the files from my github https://github.com/habi498/VCMPSqNpp

Put 'Vice City Multiplayer Server.udl.xml' in  % appdata % \ Notepad++ \ userDefineLangs
Put 'Vice City Multiplayer.xml' in C:\ Program Files \ Notepad++ \ autoCompletion
Restart Notepad++. Any files ending with '.nut' will be automatically highlighted. If not, select 'Vice City Multiplayer' from 'Language' Menu. (It is on bottom most )
[spoiler][/spoiler]
You can select highlight colours of your own by Language->User Defined Language->Define your language.. Then select "Vice City Multiplayer". (After editing just close the window, it will be saved automatically)

If you are interested, or want to contribute let me know. (or github - a pull request !)

Credits: samisalreadytaken@github for basic squirrel language highlighter, habi for function and event definitions

Darran

Keep going! It is gratifying to see people like you go to great lengths to reach their goal, learn in the process, and share their knowledge. We all benefit from that. Thanks!

MRSK143

Quote from: habi on Apr 12, 2022, 05:44 PMHi i was just making a highlighter for notepad++.

Yes this highlights and autocompletes function and events.

I have not added, the usual functions like print, fget, format etc yet.

Installation
Download the files from my github https://github.com/habi498/VCMPSqNpp

Put 'Vice City Multiplayer Server.udl.xml' in  % appdata % \ Notepad++ \ userDefineLangs
Put 'Vice City Multiplayer.xml' in C:\ Program Files \ Notepad++ \ autoCompletion
Restart Notepad++. Any files ending with '.nut' will be automatically highlighted. If not, select 'Vice City Multiplayer' from 'Language' Menu. (It is on bottom most )
[spoiler][/spoiler]
You can select highlight colours of your own by Language->User Defined Language->Define your language.. Then select "Vice City Multiplayer". (After editing just close the window, it will be saved automatically)

If you are interested, or want to contribute let me know. (or github - a pull request !)

Credits: samisalreadytaken@github for basic squirrel language highlighter, habi for function and event definitions

Hey which version you are using because i don't find the both folder that you told in installation :/
@mR_Sk@

habi

Hi MRSK143, the first location is
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\userDefineLangs
I do not know if userDefineLangs folder is not created by default, do you have folder 'Notepad++' there?

May be %AppData% took you to AppData Folder whereas it goes to AppData\Roaming in my computer.

The second location in C:\ Program Files \ Notepad++ \ autoCompletion  or
It might be C:\Program Files (x86) if you are using 32 bit version of Notepad++