VC-MP Store Downloader

Started by habi, May 16, 2022, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

habi

Application: here (windows x64 - v1.2 with GUI)

Usage:  (command line - basic usage)
store update
store install xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:PORT

What does this do?
If the store folder of Server xxx...xxx is available online, program will download it and copy it to C:/Users/%username%/AppData/Roaming/VCMP/04beta/store/xxx...xxx-PORT/

How to add store of a server?
The masterlist is hosted at sourceforge.net and can be manipulated through ( link at bottom see 'Links' )

How will i zip a server's store folder?
We accept only *.zip files. The contents of zip files must be the folders like 'script', 'sprites', 'sounds', 'skins', etc and various files

Where can i find the source of the project?
You can find source of project at  github

Any screenshots of application?
A sample testing

Happy Gaming

Links
Add store of a server

Where to upload store folder online?
Our program can download from direct download links. So you can upload store folder as a zip file in any online file hosting services which can generate direct download links ( and not links with download buttons ). Some sites i found are
1. If you have vps, you can get an file link easily
2. Sourceforge.net. You need to create an account and add your files and copy the link.
3. Github releases. If you have a free github account, then create repository and add 'releases' - upload the file and you get link
4. Follow this website to learn to make a direct download link using Google Drive ( if you have a gmail account ) (Add &confirm=t to the end of the URL if the file is large) or Dropbox (faster download)

When link is ready, click on above 'Add store of a server'

Note: Any server's store can be deleted by passing url as "delete" without quotes on the website "Add store of a server" link above, so that it no longer appear in the program.

habi

Look what i am making.

If it is going well, then you just have to double click server and the store of the server will be installed.

Signed up in bitly.com which shortens some of my urls.

Now, some finishing touches remaining.

Sebastian

Looks helpful indeed, especially for when servers have high ping (slow downloading speed).
Are you uploading the `store` directories yourself for the example you just posted (latest post), or it's some trick done so you download the files like you were in server

habi

Yes.  I have been uploading the stores of the server myself.  Visiting servers and zipping the contents of 'server store' folder.

habi

Completed and first post updated for download links.

Last two days, i was trying to create a "Check for updates" for the app itself, so that app.exe need not be downloaded again and again.

And two more servers added.

habi

Update: Now the program has a collection of 16 ( SIXTEEN ) server store-files.

Now, you can get the URL of the store files which are saved, by a POST request.
Target: https://vc-mp-store-downloader.sourceforge.io/get-store-url.php
Post Parameter Key: server
Value: ip-address:port 
eg. server=127.0.0.1:8192
Note that this is not a GET request.

Sample Response (Success)

Query:
(POST) server=63.142.251.10:2021This is the IP of Brazil Real RPG Server.
Response:
https://bit.ly/3wH4NfeThis means the above url is a direct download link for zip file containing store-files. (Note that the link redirects since, it a bit.ly url. FOLLOWLOCATION when using curl)

Failure Responses
All Failure response have the keyword "Error: " in it.
Error: Server:Port not in correct format. Try again.
Error: Server not found
Error: Port not integer. Try again
Error: Port not specified. Try again.

DizzasTeR

You can get latest EG A/D server files from this link (up to date): https://eg.viceworld.org/index.php?/server_files/

instead of manually downloading them.