Yet another VCMP Browser

Started by Spiller, Jun 07, 2022, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiller

Introduction
Yet another unofficial launcher for VC:MP. This one aims to provide a modern and accessibility oriented interface.

The sole motivation behind this browser has been to try hands at some of the recently released (JavaScript) tools and frameworks. Despite that, its not a half-a**ed attempt - it does everything you'd expect it to, and more.

Preview

More at Imgur gallery.

Features
  • Auto Updater
  • Steam Support
  • Custom Featured List
  • HTTP Downloads
  • Discord Rich Presence

Read more at GitHub repository.

Downloads
Head over to GitHub releases.

Disclaimer
Even though suggestions are welcome, this browser isn't simply made to compete against any other.

habi

Nice Work. The look is great. I was able to open it without any problems.

I was curious about the HTTP downloads. I see the program attempts to download store files if the server-ip is not in "AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\store". Could you further explain from where the store files are downloaded.

Spiller

Quote from: habi on Jun 07, 2022, 04:07 PMI was curious about the HTTP downloads. I see the program attempts to download store files if the server-ip is not in "AppData\Roaming\VCMP\04beta\store". Could you further explain from where the store files are downloaded.

I'm hosting a list of servers with URL to download files.
They are stored at serverfiles.vcmp.net (which was originally designed for Xmair's browser), some of them are managed by server owners and I uploaded the rest. This was done so that URL doesn't change when files are updated.

Moreover, Tauri recommends restricting URL scopes for security. So using a single storage for server files helps with that.

Hussein

Quote from: Spiller on Jun 07, 2022, 11:11 AM

Introduction
Yet another unofficial launcher for VC:MP. This one aims to provide a modern and accessibility oriented interface.

The sole motivation behind this browser has been to try hands at some of the recently released (JavaScript) tools and frameworks. Despite that, its not a half-a**ed attempt - it does everything you'd expect it to, and more.

Preview

More at Imgur gallery.

Features
  • Auto Updater
  • Steam Support
  • Custom Featured List
  • HTTP Downloads
  • Discord Rich Presence

Read more at GitHub repository.

Downloads
Head over to GitHub releases.

Disclaimer
Even though suggestions are welcome, this browser isn't simply made to compete against any other.

Yo, I have problem with this browser

dupe list
Cristiano Ronaldo