Maximum spheres?

Started by Danix, Jul 11, 2015, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danix

Hey, I wanted to ask what is the maximum number of spheres we can add, I've added a pretty high number although some of them don't appear but still work and call the event when you enter their position, but you can't see the sphere.

DizzasTeR

If they do respond when entering the position, its clear you haven't reached the limit.

If you have alot of spheres at a single area it might be a graphical memory error for you since too much of them are being loaded at your screen at the same time.

That's all I can come up with.

According to the Squirrel module:
#define MAX_CHECKPOINTS 2000
#define MAX_SPHERES 2000

The reason you might not see some of them is that you might have an already huge amount of custom content on screen through objects, pickups, weapons, vehicles etc. And due to certain limitations in the game engine. It might not have enough room to show the objects for the spheres as well. And trying to be conservative by showing the really important stuff. It shows the objects but leaves the spheres only to compute the collisions instead of drawing them as well. Just a hunch.

Danix

The first 66 spheres are all visible, over 66 they can't be seen but still work.

Stormeus

Quote from: S.L.C on Jul 11, 2015, 09:41 PMAccording to the Squirrel module:
#define MAX_CHECKPOINTS 2000
#define MAX_SPHERES 2000

The reason you might not see some of them is that you might have an already huge amount of custom content on screen through objects, pickups, weapons, vehicles etc. And due to certain limitations in the game engine. It might not have enough room to show the objects for the spheres as well. And trying to be conservative by showing the really important stuff. It shows the objects but leaves the spheres only to compute the collisions instead of drawing them as well. Just a hunch.

I'll also note that only one checkpoint can ever be shown on a player's screen at any given time. If you somehow get around this or are just really careless, and display multiple checkpoints to one player, you will crash their game.