[README]Before helping.

Started by rObInX, Mar 16, 2015, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rObInX

I would advise everyone to stop helping people who doesn't provide enough information on their problem.
Some people plainly ask for ready made codes without even trying a bit. In such a way, they build servers and publish script with credits only to themselves.

Some scripters are like obesse lazy junks who themselves cannot take a step. They became like that because we let them to. They won't understand the methods to script, they need ready made codes.

To avoid this in future and to control the current situation, I request scripter to only provide help to appropriate ones.
First give them a method. If they can't succed, they'll provide the code they've made and you can do necessary correction.
In such a way, it benifits the whole community.

Regards,
rObInX

DizzasTeR

Where is the glue to sticky this.

Well said.

Have you seen me reply to any of those topics? And if I did, then my reply should be something like "post the f*ing error message!". Of course I won't reply to those topics. I should just let them die as they're meant to. Maybe that way they'll begin to actually have some f*ing respect for the community. And if they don't want to learn how to have decency and common sense then they'll leave. Either way, it's a win win situation for me :P

rObInX

Quote from: S.L.C on Mar 16, 2015, 11:57 AMHave you seen me reply to any of those topics? And if I did, then my reply should be something like "post the f*ing error message!". Of course I won't reply to those topics. I should just let them die as they're meant to. Maybe that way they'll begin to actually have some f*ing respect for the community. And if they don't want to learn how to have decency and common sense then they'll leave. Either way, it's a win win situation for me :P

I ain't pointing towards anyone.
I'm crtisizing the fact that some scripters are ready even to script a whole server if these kind of people asks.

I like your signature.

EK.IceFlake

For example in my PMs
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlueadd in onScriptLoad
SetDeathMessages(false);
dmsg <- array(224);
And in onPlayerCommand
function onPlayerCommand(player, command, arguments)
{
if (cmd == "dmessage")
{
    if (!arguments) ClientMessage("[#FF0000]Error: [#FFFFFF]Syntax invalid, [#00B2B2]/dmessage en/dis[#FFFFFF].", player, 0, 0, 0);
    else if (arguments != "on" && arguments != "off") ClientMessage("[#FF0000]Error: [#FFFFFF]Syntax invalid, [#00B2B2]/dmessage on/off[#FFFFFF].", player, 0, 0, 0);
    else
    {
        switch (arguments)
        {
            case "on":
                dmsg[player.ID] = 1;
                ClientMessage("[#33CC33]Status update: [#FFFFFF]You have enabled on-chat death messages", player, 0, 0, 0);
                break;
            case "off":
                dmsg[player.ID] = 0;
                ClientMessage("[#33CC33]Status update: [#FFFFFF]You have disabled on-chat death messages", player, 0, 0, 0);
                break;
        }
    }
    return 0;
}
}
in onPlayerDeath
WriteDeathMessage("[#33CC33]Information: [#00B2B2]" + player.Name + " [#FFFFFF]died");in onPlayerKill
WriteDeathMessage("[#33CC33]Information: [#00B2B2]" + killer.Name + " [#FFFFFF]killed [#00B2B2]" + player.Name);
in whereever you wish
[code]function WriteDeathMessage(info)
{
    for (local i = 0; i <= 224; i++)
    {
        local plr = FindPlayer(i);
        if (plr && dmsg[i] == 1) ClientMessage(info, plr, 0, 0, 0);
    }
}

hope you like it
Quote from: Finchyou give me dmessage cmd but it say arguments does not exist give me full
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlueYou have
function onPlayerCommand(something1, something2, something3)Now, open up a text editor, press CTRL+H and replace arguments with what is written in something3
Quote from: Finchok thnx it work but i dont want that dmessage i want that you have in screen if player death it say player.name body found in there etc...........
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlueToo bad I wont give you :P

EK.IceFlake