The VC:MP Crash Tracker

Started by Stormeus, Jun 14, 2015, 06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A tracker for automatically reported client crashes has been set up at http://crashes.vc-mp.org/.

The tracker shows crashes that were able to be reported, so fatal errors that occur before logging can happen (or, if it were to happen, crashes in the logger itself) will not appear.

No personally identifiable information is included on the public facing site; the crash logs themselves are not available to the public, and can only be obtained by developers.

The purpose of this system is to help identify crashes that affect players on 0.4, as well as to have something to look at and be slapped with in order to reduce the frequency of crashes that occur.

If you do not want your crashes automatically reported, use /setconfig game_reportcrashes 0 in-game.

zeko

nice work but what does it mean ?
explane plx ?
Quote640d0b   2015-06-14 09:57:39   557D1AC6   0x640D0B_1434272259_1901730362

Stormeus

Quote from: Nihongo on Jun 14, 2015, 08:59 AMnice work but what does it mean ?
explane plx ?
Quote640d0b   2015-06-14 09:57:39   557D1AC6   0x640D0B_1434272259_1901730362

The information is mostly intended for developers and advanced users. It's just a small amount of data about the crash.

SoFahim

I have found my IP in the crash tracker. But, I have one question! how do i know what is the reason of crash?
My server has been crashed 6times. But, Where i can get the reason of that?

The reason I have left VC-MP is scripting base + the gameplay.
VC-MP 0.4 released with lots of awesome things but they put pawn behind.

Thijn

Quote from: SoFahim on Aug 30, 2015, 05:00 PMI have found my IP in the crash tracker. But, I have one question! how do i know what is the reason of crash?
My server has been crashed 6times. But, Where i can get the reason of that?
You can't.

Stormeus

Crash logs submitted to the tracker require debugging information that only developers have.

SoFahim

Quote from: Stormeus on Aug 30, 2015, 07:01 PMCrash logs submitted to the tracker require debugging information that only developers have.
Server can crash for Script problem?

The reason I have left VC-MP is scripting base + the gameplay.
VC-MP 0.4 released with lots of awesome things but they put pawn behind.

Stormeus

Quote from: SoFahim on Aug 31, 2015, 07:14 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Aug 30, 2015, 07:01 PMCrash logs submitted to the tracker require debugging information that only developers have.
Server can crash for Script problem?

Server crashes aren't submitted, only client crashes.

Thijn

Before people start questioning why their server IP is on that page. That probably means a client crash has occurred while being on your server.