[PREVIEW] New VCMP browser

Started by ysc3839, Mar 13, 2016, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Suggestion for every Server Browser:
Official Servers should be highlighted ( bolded / stickied / etc ) in masterlist.
* sseebbyy also pokes @George .

ysc3839

Quote from: ...Do]N... link=msg=18109 date=1458073254]
Add Serbian language
I don't know this. You can help me translate. :)

Mötley

How is the program going to look like at the top? Your Windows will take over(default ?) or your custom work? im referring to close program etc, I like how avast looks. I can get you a screen shot if needed.

Also Thanks for adding lan support!
also will this version support Windows XP?
As well as 32 bit operating systems?

I don't really play the game I just server build and bug test in game.

ysc3839

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 22, 2016, 09:14 PMHow is the program going to look like at the top? Your Windows will take over(default ?) or your custom work? im referring to close program etc, I like how avast looks. I can get you a screen shot if needed.

I don't know what you said in the first paragraph. XP will be supported.

KAKAN

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 23, 2016, 03:02 PM
Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 22, 2016, 09:14 PMHow is the program going to look like at the top? Your Windows will take over(default ?) or your custom work? im referring to close program etc, I like how avast looks. I can get you a screen shot if needed.

I don't know what you said in the first paragraph. XP will be supported.
He means the bar( which contains close, minimize etc ) would be like George's or like the original VCMP browser.
oh no

Mötley

I like how the program has a flat view.

Thijn

I certainly don't hope it uses a custom window. It would only make it slower, and much less clean.

Mötley

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 23, 2016, 05:22 PMI certainly don't hope it uses a custom window. It would only make it slower, and much less clean.

I do not see where it would make it more slow.//But i dont make programs

Maybe you know something then if so could you Please explain kindly your knowledge to as of why it would make it more slow?
I would Appreciate the learning experience :)

ysc3839

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Mar 23, 2016, 06:23 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Mar 23, 2016, 05:22 PMI certainly don't hope it uses a custom window. It would only make it slower, and much less clean.

I do not see where it would make it more slow.//But i dont make programs

Maybe you know something then if so could you Please explain kindly your knowledge to as of why it would make it more slow?
I would Appreciate the learning experience :)

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 14, 2016, 04:05 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 14, 2016, 12:08 PMNo, I mean the level of awesomeness and beauty. If you look at Georges browser, it's made of pure elegance.
(no, I'm not sponsored in any way by him)
I just want imitate the official browser use Windws UI. If I want, I could make a more  beautiful one in C++. I know some of gdiplus and DirectUI. ;D
:edit: Or I can use CEF & HTML to make a more and more beautiful one.(however the file size will very large)

I have said about this. "If I want, I could make a more  beautiful one in C++." However I just want to use Windows' UI.
Also, because we have to draw the UI ourselves, it's more slower than system's UI(but a user can't see it). And I have to write more code. I said I'm a student and I don't have much time to do this.

George

Not at all. Depends how you gonna make it.

ysc3839

Added icons on tab. Implemented server list.

Xmair

Nice, change the font to a nicer one.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

KAKAN

Quote from: Xmair on Mar 27, 2016, 06:07 AMNice, change the font to a nicer one.
Nah. I like that font.
What about a font settings? :D
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: KAKAN on Mar 27, 2016, 06:08 AM
Quote from: Xmair on Mar 27, 2016, 06:07 AMNice, change the font to a nicer one.
Nah. I like that font.
What about a font settings? :D
Currently I use system's default font. I'll consider font settings.

SAzEe21

Great work ysc, keep it up.