How can we contribute to VC:MP?

Started by ., Dec 28, 2014, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've noticed that the development of the VC:MP client/server is very stale lately. And I've resumed my work on the AngelScript module only to realize that there are a couple of features missing from the API and that it could make a grate deal of improvement on the scripting module. So my question to you (current developers/admins etc.) is how can we/I contribute to the VC:MP project to make my scripting module better and help the VC:MP grow in stability and features.

I've noticed this subject is quite sensitive and I get the reason. But this much enclosure doesn't help development too much. I'm not saying you to go open-source or anything (hell no!).  Just to allow some people to contribute to the project. Under moderate submission of course.

Nothing

i think. you are only noticing problems here And you are not seeing their hard work for vcmp.

Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 28, 2014, 01:13 PMi think. you are only noticing problems here And you are not seeing their hard work for vcmp.

Nobody says that they don't work on the project. But a faster development needs more people to evaluate and improve the code as well as adding new features.

Nothing

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 28, 2014, 01:33 PM
Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 28, 2014, 01:13 PMi think. you are only noticing problems here And you are not seeing their hard work for vcmp.

Nobody says that they don't work on the project. But a faster development needs more people to evaluate and improve the code as well as adding new features.
stormeus is working on vcmp 0.4.he is a human or not a machine.

Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 28, 2014, 01:48 PMstormeus is working on vcmp 0.4.he is a human or not a machine.

You just don't get it do you? I'm offering to help and yet you seem to misunderstand the simple concept of help and what it means :-\

MacTavish

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 28, 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 28, 2014, 01:48 PMstormeus is working on vcmp 0.4.he is a human or not a machine.

You just don't get it do you? I'm offering to help and yet you seem to misunderstand the simple concept of help what it means :-\
Well In My Sight S.L.C Is Right

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Quote from: RATHORE on Dec 28, 2014, 03:56 PMWell In My Sight S.L.C Is Right

Oh, well. This was probably a wasted question and is probably going to be refused anyway. But then I won't blame my self later for not trying :D

Fuzzie

Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 28, 2014, 05:06 PM
Quote from: RATHORE on Dec 28, 2014, 03:56 PMWell In My Sight S.L.C Is Right

Oh, well. This was probably a wasted question and is probably going to be refused anyway. But then I won't blame my self later for not trying :D

Since the other old forum is down, I can't really get the quote by storm about a similar question I once asked. So I'm just going to answer base on my memory.

Storm mentioned something about knowing how to reverse engineer the RenderWare (or what it's called) engine and that takes time. Getting a bunch of people who know C++ is no big deal but getting someone who knows how to reverse engineer is another thing.

If you have the skills then I would definitely want you to be considered for the developers team. Just bear in mind that I'm saying this from my horrible memory so it may or may not be 100% accurate but it should give you an idea of who they are looking for.

QuoteGetting a bunch of people who know C++ is no big deal but getting someone who knows how to reverse engineer is another thing.

That quote has it's ups and downs. Knowing how to reverse engineer is one thing. But what if you know how to reverse engineer but don't know how to properly use extracted information? You end up with a slow and nonfunctional application. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I know how to use that data or anything (I'm still learning new things everyday). But having more eyes to observe the code and run further tests makes development much more faster and stable.

Like I said... probably a wasted question. But maybe, just maybe.

Nothing

Quote from: RATHORE on Dec 28, 2014, 03:56 PM
Quote from: S.L.C on Dec 28, 2014, 01:52 PM

You just don't get it do you? I'm offering to help and yet you seem to misunderstand the simple concept of help what it means :-\
Well In My Sight S.L.C Is Right
ok you are right.

Honey

I think we can contribute by patience :P

Quote from: Honey on Dec 29, 2014, 06:40 AMI think we can contribute by patience :P

You seem to be mistaken that this thread is like one of those where I complain about why the final version isn't released or something similar. NO! I'm offering to help implementing a couple of features to further improve the game-play experience.

If any mod/admin sees this post then please close this topic because it's getting the wrong attention and I don't want it to go off topic. Thank you.

MacTavish

Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 30, 2014, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Honey on Dec 29, 2014, 06:40 AMI think we can contribute by patience :P
Yes Honey You are Right.
Rizwan this is not Chat You are posting useless Posts that lead you to banned

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Nothing

Quote from: RATHORE on Dec 30, 2014, 06:43 AM
Quote from: [vρт]яιzωαη on Dec 30, 2014, 02:07 AM
Yes Honey You are Right.
Rizwan this is not Chat You are posting useless Posts that lead you to banned

Are You Happy Now I have Deleted That Post
Thanks

Castagna

Indeed this thread has been discussed multiple times and it ended up in the same answer. This project is nearly completed and no one else should join or get involved besides the current developers who had re-written 0.4, and who are familiar with their own code. I belive you're not the only who wants to get on with a project.

Whether we need help or not, maxorator or stormeus might look for it, so anyhow, this kind of threads are repetitive and obvious, so just try not to bring this topic back to discussion.

Locked.