Just take a look at this

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jan 07, 2016, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danix

Hippie get a job!
You know...I actually feel sorry for you, not having anything better to do than this all day long every single day of your worthless life.
I would love to punch you in your face, even though I'd get arrested for animal abuse it would still be totally worth it. Seriously, you wonder why people like you get banned? Last time I saw your kind I fed it a banana.  I am jealous of the other communities who don't have you.
Friendly piece of advice, get a life because this is not paying your electricity bills...the water bill shouldn't be a problem cause you probably take a bath once a year.

Stormeus

Not gonna lie though, looking at this from a player's perspective, VCCNR's handling of admin duties is abysmal.

DemWafflez

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 10, 2016, 02:19 AMNot gonna lie though, looking at this from a player's perspective, VCCNR's handling of admin duties is abysmal.

I remember waiting for more than 5 days to get registration approval on this forum, that is abysmal to me, yet I did not complain.
You may find our ways of handling certain things 'abysmal', but everyone has other ways and manners to handle their community.
And as far as I am aware, we yet are running smooth, with rarely any issues, and a stable and decent player count. (Exceeding the VK's, just to rub it in their face)

Honestly this entire deal is because some kid got banned, because he ailed to follow our most simple rules, and he wishes to see us burn to the ground, which he has desperately been trying for quite a while, and yet did not succeed in.
Vice Thugz
Youtube
Facebook
Find me on LUNet at #DemWafflez

Stormeus

Quote from: DemWafflez on Jan 10, 2016, 02:34 PMI remember waiting for more than 5 days to get registration approval on this forum, that is abysmal to me, yet I did not complain.
Honestly, I wasn't even aware that registration approval was still a thing. If you had actually brought it to my attention, I would've fixed the issue like I did just now. Email approval is currently set up and working, so thanks.

Quote from: DemWafflez on Jan 10, 2016, 02:34 PMYou may find our ways of handling certain things 'abysmal', but everyone has other ways and manners to handle their community.
And as far as I am aware, we yet are running smooth, with rarely any issues, and a stable and decent player count. (Exceeding the VK's, just to rub it in their face)
And that's great, but personally I don't see the appeal in the admins taking a lot of the threads in the complaints board so personally and constantly cursing out people reporting them, calling them retards, and closing reports against themselves with snarky comments. Personally it makes me want to stay the hell away from your server, but if your player base is perfectly fine with it then oh well.

Sachiko

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 10, 2016, 08:24 PM
Quote from: DemWafflez on Jan 10, 2016, 02:34 PMI remember waiting for more than 5 days to get registration approval on this forum, that is abysmal to me, yet I did not complain.
Honestly, I wasn't even aware that registration approval was still a thing. If you had actually brought it to my attention, I would've fixed the issue like I did just now. Email approval is currently set up and working, so thanks.

Quote from: DemWafflez on Jan 10, 2016, 02:34 PMYou may find our ways of handling certain things 'abysmal', but everyone has other ways and manners to handle their community.
And that's great, but personally I don't see the appeal in the admins taking a lot of the threads in the complaints board so personally and constantly cursing out people reporting them, calling them retards, and closing reports against themselves with snarky comments. Personally it makes me want to stay the hell away from your server, but if your player base is perfectly fine with it then oh well.

As I was the only manager active at the time and the owner has said that managers handle the complaints, what was I to do? Leave it for nobody to resolve? And if someone is acting like a retard, I'll tell them so. I curse when irritated, and what bugs an admin more than people who don't follow the simplest of rules? The players who I have cursed out know that I do that when they break rules they know are there. Personally, I don't see the appeal of idling in an echo channel of a server you find so abysmal. But, hey, do what you want.

Stormeus

Quote from: Sachiko on Jan 10, 2016, 08:36 PMAs I was the only manager active at the time and the owner has said that managers handle the complaints, what was I to do? Leave it for nobody to resolve?
Yeah, that probably would've been a preferable course of action.

Quote from: Sachiko on Jan 10, 2016, 08:36 PMAnd if someone is acting like a retard, I'll tell them so. I curse when irritated, and what bugs an admin more than people who don't follow the simplest of rules? The players who I have cursed out know that I do that when they break rules they know are there.
I don't see how this is an excuse. LW's admins seem to have no problem with not calling trouble players retarded and telling them to fuck off. I don't know why you would want to anyway; part of being a server admin is covering your ass from moaners, and cursing out players just gives people the impression that the admin team actually is abusive.

Quote from: Sachiko on Jan 10, 2016, 08:36 PMPersonally, I don't see the appeal of idling in an echo channel of a server you find so abysmal. But, hey, do what you want.
Well, there is the fact that one of our clanmates was just demoted in part because of his behavior on VCCNR. If you don't want me there, though, so be it.

Sachiko

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 10, 2016, 09:06 PMYeah, that probably would've been a preferable course of action.
Alright, I'm not above constructive criticism.

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 10, 2016, 09:06 PMI don't see how this is an excuse. LW's admins seem to have no problem with not calling trouble players retarded and telling them to fuck off. I don't know why you would want to anyway; part of being a server admin is covering your ass from moaners, and cursing out players just gives people the impression that the admin team actually is abusive.
As said above, not above constructive criticism and yes, I know I should control my anger more when it comes to petty things like people in an online game/community

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 10, 2016, 09:06 PMWell, there is the fact that one of our clanmates was just demoted in part because of his behavior on VCCNR. If you don't want me there, though, so be it.
Didn't say you had to leave. In fact, your presence made me more aware of other admin's behavior(even though it should be apparent whether you're there or not) and I had no clue he was demoted. Like I stated twice above, I am open to constructive criticism. So, if you see me doing something unsavory, poke me on IRC and inform me and I will try to remedy it.

EK.IceFlake

Stormeus

There was nothing left to discuss here anyway, I don't know what the point of digging this back up was. Locked.