VC:MP Launcher

Started by George, Feb 01, 2016, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

I don't know if I can post this here, however no one told me that I couldn't, so here it go.

As a competitor of the National Service for Industrial Training, I'm training to participate of the Knowledge Olympiad and hereafter participate of the WorldSkills... But that doesn't matter to you. What I'm trying to say is: On my training season I made an application which interacts with the internet, guess what? I made a VCMP Browser... yeah that's not big deal, but somehow I got excited with that and I've decided to turn it in something more... So without futher ado here's the result, I present to you the VC:MP Launcher!

• With a friendly UI and easier to handle, you can filter the servers list by name, ping, official or your favorites.
  • You can also see basics servers events, for example who has joined or left the server.

• Interact with other users by adding them as friends, then you can see where they are playing and join to the server!

• See what are the servers that your friends used to play, so you know what is the right time to play with them!

Where is the download link? To avoid complications and misunderstandings I will wait a couple of hours for some developer post objections or anything that goes against the project be released to public.

So, Why did I post this anyway? I'm not good with "holding" things like that and I really like to make people of communities like this one happy and excited with tools that make the gameplay and interaction enjoyable and fun.

Finally the download is now available!
VC:MP Launcher.zip

*To use the application you need at least version 4.5.1 of the .NET Framework and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
.NET Framework 4.5.1
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015  DOWNLOAD x86(32 bit).

*For security reasons, you need to register an account and do login in the launcher, that's required to store your friends list, history, favorites, nickname etc, and also for future features. Please provide a valid email address, that's way out to restore your password if you loses.

*Everytime you open the launcher, you have to wait a couple seconds until it loads every server from VC:MP's masterlist, this is needed because the launcher caches all informations required to not do that over again when you request.

OBS: If you don't want to register an account, so you have to wait until I release a basic version of the launcher.

~George

Anik

WOW. YOu have done a good work. Waiting for the download link.
Off:- Why Your Profile link is Green? See this @George Only @stormeus and @maxorator have their profile link in green

DizzasTeR

I must say it looks really good and descent not only from its look but also the possibilities and features its providing. Excellent work.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 01, 2016, 07:46 AMI must say it looks really good and descent not only from its look but also the possibilities and features its providing. Excellent work.
Love that launcher! Are you planning to keep it updated or it's just a project?
oh no

MatheuS

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 01, 2016, 08:36 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Feb 01, 2016, 07:46 AMI must say it looks really good and descent not only from its look but also the possibilities and features its providing. Excellent work.

I think they are both
if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Stormeus

Not sure if I was explicit enough liking the post but you have my personal approval at least, but as with all compiled programs here you'll have to provide source code for the browser.

FarisDon

Sound's cool, for me! Nice Work!

George

Quote from: KAKAN on Feb 01, 2016, 08:36 AM
Yeah, you can bet that! :)

Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 01, 2016, 10:00 AMNot sure if I was explicit enough liking the post but you have my personal approval at least, but as with all compiled programs here you'll have to provide source code for the browser.
I'd not like to. Don't take me wrong, I just don't want see copies of that with few little modifications and probably malicious codes.
I gladly give the source code to developer team to be analyzed or whatever you want, if that helps.

KAKAN

Quote from: George on Feb 01, 2016, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 01, 2016, 10:00 AMNot sure if I was explicit enough liking the post but you have my personal approval at least, but as with all compiled programs here you'll have to provide source code for the browser.
I'd not like to. Don't take me wrong, I just don't want see copies of that with few little modifications and probably malicious codes.
I gladly give the source code to developer team to be analyzed or whatever you want, if that helps.
Thought the same.
oh no

KakaroT

Nice work man, love the features you imported in it.

Quote from: George on Feb 01, 2016, 04:41 PM
^ +1.

aXXo

This looks amazing.

luchgox

Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

Stormeus

If you just upload an analysis of it to Virustotal that'd also be okay in this case. Frankly I trust you enough to not do anything stupid but it'd be nice to have everything be verifiably clean.

George

VC:MP Launcher: https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/acbe9704c071c7b600477543c88f6ebbc9cf4ce1ac39752e98d9c53dfaabfa8a/analysis/1454369626/
The launcher updater: https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/b6ae7ed8ca2b1bb1636650330d4ad0f4d3afc92c5138ed0ffd919481353f289f/analysis/1454370294/

The "HEUR/QVM03.0.Malware.Gen" is a suspicious of the .NET WebClient class which I used in both applications. Some anti-virus has added it to whitelist but some doesn't.

Stormeus

Qihoo isn't really an established antivirus client so I'd let it slide since the other 52 clients said it was clean.