[BUG]player.SetAlpha bug

Started by Anik, Feb 07, 2016, 04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anik

player.SetAlpha is bugged. If player is in Tommi Vercetti skin player.SetAlpha doesn't work on the player. If the player is in any other skin it works........
The id of the skin is 0

KAKAN

Quote from: [DS]Anik on Feb 07, 2016, 04:17 PMplayer.SetAlpha is bugged. If player is in Tommi Vercetti skin player.SetAlpha doesn't work on the player. If the player is in any other skin it works........
Yeah for some reasons only, yes, only the tommy skin's alpha can't be changed.
oh no

Drake

It's because you have changed the model of the original tommy skin.

KAKAN

Quote from: Drake on Feb 07, 2016, 05:35 PMIt's because you have changed the model of the original tommy skin.
Nah, I haven't.
oh no

Thijn

Quote from: Drake on Feb 07, 2016, 05:35 PMIt's because you have changed the model of the original tommy skin.
Using a clean steam install, I can confirm this bug. So nope, not mod related.

Stormeus

Tommy skin (and I think a few others) can't have their alphas changed because of how they're modeled. This isn't a bug and we don't have plans to fix it.

Anik

Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 07, 2016, 07:43 PMTommy skin (and I think a few others) can't have their alphas changed because of how they're modeled. This isn't a bug and we don't have plans to fix it.
Well a temporary. Fix can be like this that if u r using a cmd to change the alpha then make a check if the player is in tommi skin. Then chwnge the skin of the player to any other then u can change the alpha. And when u do /visible change the skin of the player again to 0 and the alpha too

Stormeus

Quote from: [DS]Anik on Feb 08, 2016, 05:47 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 07, 2016, 07:43 PMTommy skin (and I think a few others) can't have their alphas changed because of how they're modeled. This isn't a bug and we don't have plans to fix it.
Well a temporary. Fix can be like this that if u r using a cmd to change the alpha then make a check if the player is in tommi skin. Then chwnge the skin of the player to any other then u can change the alpha. And when u do /visible change the skin of the player again to 0 and the alpha too

Not happening. If we did that, we could end up mistakenly changing someone's skin to something that the server has reserved for a different class, which would horribly confuse players.

aXXo

Tommy has two skins: ID 0 and 8
This happens on both models?

DizzasTeR

It doesn't happen on both IDs