Server/Squirrel Update Released (March 1)

Started by Stormeus, Mar 01, 2016, 10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

I noticed that you revert the "Fix print issue" commit made by me. Have you tested if the old code works well? I tested in old version, when you print more than 512 chars, the server won't crash immediately, but the stack is broken and maybe crash later. I will test it again on weekend(because I only can use computer on weekends)

Stormeus

The print issue fix was reverted because it only measured the length of the format string, which resulted in error messages being cut off.

KAKAN

What about the sockets anyways? Fix the bugs of the Sockets plugin too, please!
And also, I can't open the server's download link, any mirrors?
oh no

ysc3839

Quote from: Stormeus on Mar 02, 2016, 05:05 PMThe print issue fix was reverted because it only measured the length of the format string, which resulted in error messages being cut off.
I'll try to fix it. :)

ysc3839

Also I want to know why the CCore::rawprint uses fputs instead of functions->printf
void CCore::rawprint(const char * pszOutput)
{
fputs(pszOutput, stdout);
if (this->pLogFile != NULL)
fprintf(this->pLogFile, "%s", pszOutput);
}

ysc3839

After searching Internet I found there's some difference between MSVC's snprintf and gcc's. We have been "tricked" by MS. >:(

ysc3839

Tested on VS2013 and VS2015. I found that VS2013 doesn't have "snprintf" but have "_snprintf". However, VS2015 have both "snprintf" and "_snprintf". And it's "snprintf" functions like gcc's.

Also, the plugin still have print issue.

:edit:Linux version doesn't have this issue.

ysc3839

kingofpopYT

can u tell how do i add sound system?
And where do i add this