[PREVIEW] New VCMP browser

Started by ysc3839, Mar 13, 2016, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysc3839

I don't want to say more. It haven't finished yet. Just see the screenshot.

Features:
  • All functions in the official browser.
  • Server filter.
  • Self update.
  • Multi-language support.
  • Lan server search.
  • More......

Multi-language support:

Also, I want to ask the premission of the VCMP icon.

:edit:
I make this browser is because I'm a perfectionist. And the official browser is not very perfect. There are something could be improved. Hovever It seems that it's impossible to open source. So I decided to make this. Also It can improve my programming skills.

As a high school student, I only can use computer on weekends(and I have to study in school on Saturday). So it may take a long time to finish this browser.

Finally, If you have some suggestion just reply! :)

:edit:
Source code here! (unfinished) https://github.com/ysc3839/VCMPBrowser

Accepted suggestions:
1. The browser can store server's domain name instead of IP address.
2. Official servers will be highlighted.

MacTavish

I guess you have the permission because its for VC-MP and you didn't wrote in title as VCMP by ysc3839. Right @Stormeus

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Stormeus

Finch Real

My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Shawn

MaTaDeToR

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 13, 2016, 07:52 AMI don't want to say more. It haven't finished yet. Just see the screenshot.

Features:
  • All functions in the official browser.
  • Server filter.
  • Self update.
  • Multi-language support
  • More......

Multi-language support:

Also, I want to ask the premission of the VCMP icon.
http://forum.vc-mp.org/favicon.ico
That's something that I would surely Call "Astounding!" @ysc3839 

EK.IceFlake

Good job fellah, one day this might catch up with @Georges browser

ysc3839

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 13, 2016, 02:59 PMGood job fellah, one day this might catch up with @Georges browser
No. I don't plan to make firends function. George's browser is more like a social browser. I just want to replace the official one. Try to make it become the new "official".

MaTaDeToR

Quote from: ysc3839 on Mar 13, 2016, 03:30 PM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 13, 2016, 02:59 PMGood job fellah, one day this might catch up with @Georges browser
No. I don't plan to make firends function. George's browser is more like a social browser. I just want to replace the official one. Try to make it become the new "official".
Sure! Life is about learning, and Success NOT by the means of just going further than others ;) I like your way @ysc3839

Decent_946

its neat and simple. i like this :) . wish you best of luck and hope to use it soon,

EK.IceFlake

No, I mean the level of awesomeness and beauty. If you look at Georges browser, it's made of pure elegance.
(no, I'm not sponsored in any way by him)

ysc3839

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Mar 14, 2016, 12:08 PMNo, I mean the level of awesomeness and beauty. If you look at Georges browser, it's made of pure elegance.
(no, I'm not sponsored in any way by him)
I just want imitate the official browser use Windws UI. If I want, I could make a more  beautiful one in C++. I know some of gdiplus and DirectUI. ;D
:edit: Or I can use CEF & HTML to make a more and more beautiful one.(however the file size will very large)

Thijn

Fuck beauty. Make it fast, make it work. Most people (I do) open up the browser, select the server and join. Max time I stare at the browser is a few seconds. The faster and fluent the interface is, the better. In my opinion.

rww

Maybe add easy edit vcmp_config.txt in browser? Something like this: Enter the browser -> Settings -> Config and here have columns from vcmp_config.txt
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Mötley

If you are able to could you attempt to make this look just a little fancy,

Reason:

The Program may look like a windows 95 program, or appear to look like a Microsoft Excel page.
I am not dis owning your work, I am only making some type of suggestion,.
I like the idea and hope your efforts open up amazing possibilities ;)