"Masterlist master-vc-mp.ovh failed with error 408...

Started by Gulk, Feb 08, 2015, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulk

...while attempting to list this server"

-

Hey, I'm trying to get my 0.4 sever up and running and announced to the list so others can join, I keep getting this error.

Tried to forward ports. To no avail.

Can anybody help? I seem to be the only person bumping into this problem

Sebastian

Did you check the masterlist after max 1minute ? The server may appear.
I get that error too, sometimes, but the server will still appear, in few seconds. (as far as I remember)

Gulk

Nope, it doesn't show up no matter how long i wait

Thijn

A 408 is generated from the server (masterlist), not from the client (your server). This basically means the connection to the masterlist is okay, but the masterlist itself timed out. I would guess it's a temporary error that should go away by itself. If not, Stormeus has to take a look at his server..

Stormeus

Quote from: Thijn on Feb 08, 2015, 11:13 AMStormeus has to take a look at his server..

The issue has been narrowed down to an SQL bottleneck. The masterlist was written to use SQLite to make it more portable but unfortunately SQLite turned out to be even worse with concurrent calls than expected. A migration to MariaDB in the coming days should fix this permanently.

Gulk

Gulk

Fixed!
Turns out my internet connection was on IPv6-IPv4 DS-Lite, which wouldnt allow port forwarding for IPv4.
Contacted my ISP and got it fixed,
Topic Locked.