Client Update Released (April 2)

Started by Stormeus, Apr 01, 2016, 11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

This is merely a cosmetic update which removes the Rockstar Games logos from the updated splash screen released for April Fools' Day. No other changes have been made to the client.

ysc3839

MacTavish

Quote from: ysc3839 on Apr 02, 2016, 05:06 AMNo! I haven't seen the R* logo. :'(

Don't worry i can help you  ;D
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

KAKAN

oh no

Brian

Would you people stop fucking up the client, this is the sixth time that one of your shitty updates causes trouble for me already.

KAKAN

Quote from: Brian on Apr 10, 2016, 03:34 PMWould you people stop fucking up the client, this is the sixth time that one of your shitty updates causes trouble for me already.
Seriously or another april fool joke?
oh no

Thijn

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 10, 2016, 06:32 PM
Quote from: Brian on Apr 10, 2016, 03:34 PMWould you people stop fucking up the client, this is the sixth time that one of your shitty updates causes trouble for me already.
Seriously or another april fool joke?
He's probably not joking, but he's also the only one complaining. I guess he either has bad luck or a fucked up system.

aXXo

Since the update(or maybe since I installed stuff for Java plugin), I have been getting the "Injection thread is hung" pop a lot more frequently. It works on a retry, so nothing critical.

Quote from: aXXo on Apr 10, 2016, 11:09 PMSince the update(or maybe since I installed stuff for Java plugin), I have been getting the "Injection thread is hung" pop a lot more frequently. It works on a retry, so nothing critical.

I've had that long before the last update. I'm assuming that there's some AV or even windows that scans the executable and I assume that some caching performed as well. Basically, even if I start the game normally, it's going to take a while until it goes full screen. And it happens with other software as well, not just Vice City. The longer the software was unused the more time is going to take to start for the first time. And this happens more often if the game is stored on a secondary HDD (not SSD!) drive that is shut down by windows when idle for longer periods.

Probably the browser times that the game startup and if it takes a long while it assumes it couldn't start. And since the first time takes a while, you obviously get that message.

Try doing a defragmentation of that drive and either disable HDD shutdown or increase the interval. And also, open a task manager when you start it and see if another process spikes the CPU or any resource like disk read. I'd recommend Process Explorer with a very short update/refresh interval.

Brian

No this isn't a joke, again the client doesn't work after this update and I'm frankly getting pissed by the amount of times the devs fuck up the game for me with each update.
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 10, 2016, 06:38 PMHe's probably not joking, but he's also the only one complaining. I guess he either has bad luck or a fucked up system.
I've got a top notch system, one of the best money can buy so I highly doubt it.

Quote from: Brian on Apr 11, 2016, 12:09 AMI've got a top notch system, one of the best money can buy so I highly doubt it.

He's not talking about your system specs. He's talking about a f*ed up operating system infected with all kinds of nasty software that came packed with other software and god knows what else or what they've altered on your os. I said software not viruses because the word virus lost it's cool a decade ago.

Brian

Doubt it, as I installed barebones Windows recently.

maxorator

Quote from: Brian on Apr 11, 2016, 12:09 AMNo this isn't a joke, again the client doesn't work after this update and I'm frankly getting pissed by the amount of times the devs fuck up the game for me with each update.
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 10, 2016, 06:38 PMHe's probably not joking, but he's also the only one complaining. I guess he either has bad luck or a fucked up system.
I've got a top notch system, one of the best money can buy so I highly doubt it.
This "update" literally just swapped out one PNG file. If that breaks the game for you, the problem is not on our side.

Quote from: Brian on Apr 11, 2016, 12:17 AMDoubt it, as I installed barebones Windows recently.

Then why not report those crashes? Don't you think that might help you more than bashing this topic?