Client Update Released (April 13)

Started by maxorator, Apr 12, 2016, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thijn

Quote from: ysc3839 on Apr 13, 2016, 03:13 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 13, 2016, 02:27 PMAll updates can be downloaded here, but you should always try the browser first. It usually works fine and is less of a hassle then manually downloading and installing the update.
How can you get it? Does it get the files automatically?
It does, it checks every 30 minutes and saves it.

Brian

Good job, you guys managed to break vcmp for me again.

Kewun

after the update, some objects are unsolid for me, if i used CreateObject. :/

Thijn

Quote from: Brian on Apr 13, 2016, 04:52 PMGood job, you guys managed to break vcmp for me again.
Have you downloaded the new browser?

Stormeus

Quote from: Brian on Apr 13, 2016, 04:52 PMGood job, you guys managed to break vcmp for me again.

@Brian And if you go into the VC:MP folder and use the last client version instead does anything change for you? I am extremely doubtful that the (literally) one line fix for interiors is what fucked your shit up.

Brian

It's not just one line Storm, it's literally every single update you people role out that breaks the game. It doesn't work, even with the updated browser.

Stormeus

Quote from: Brian on Apr 13, 2016, 06:29 PMIt's not just one line Storm, it's literally every single update you people role out that breaks the game. It doesn't work, even with the updated browser.

If swapping in the last version didn't fix it for you after making this post:

Quote from: Brian on Apr 12, 2016, 09:45 PMDon't know what you have done but you managed to fix my problem with this update.

Then I can't pin this on changes in the client or the browser, because browser updates are pretty much glorified unzipping.

Brian

I can't swap anything out since the browser keeps updating itself. I record you exactly what the issue is which happens every single time.

Stormeus

You should be able to go into C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer, rename 04rel003 to 04rel003_latest and 04rel003_XX to 04rel003 (where XX is the last numbered update). Change version.txt's contents to FFFFFFFF.

Brian

I don't have either folders in appdata.
Also doing that to the folder where I do have it installed it just keeps updating itself to the latest version and then break instantly.
I frankly had enough of this bullshit. You people keep screwing it up with the updates because that's the only thing that keeps the client crashing.
https://youtu.be/IM2e5DiP_eE
I deleted entire vcmp now, installed a fresh copy and it still is fucked.

The issue just keeps reverting itself back to this
Quote from: Brian on Mar 28, 2016, 09:45 PMDescription
Every single time I try to join a server from the browser the client freezes up and stops responding, also the game doesn't launch while the process is ongoing according to task manager however it seems to be frozen as well since the memory usage is stuck at 120kb.
I have to run task manager twice (since the first one doesn't appear as well due to vcmp client) and I need to manually end both processes.
And changing the config's name isn't solving it anymore.

maxorator

Quote from: Kewun on Apr 13, 2016, 05:11 PMafter the update, some objects are unsolid for me, if i used CreateObject. :/
Collisions should be fixed now.

Thijn

So you have reinstalled VCMP multiple times, the browser crashes (You've not mentioned this before..), you furiously open up multiple taskmanagers, don't open up the error message from VCMP to see why it crashed, and you have plenty of mods installed on VC.

And yet you constantly blame the devs for breaking your VC:MP. How is that fair?

Brian

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 13, 2016, 07:23 PMSo you have reinstalled VCMP multiple times, the browser crashes (You've not mentioned this before..), you furiously open up multiple taskmanagers, don't open up the error message from VCMP to see why it crashed, and you have plenty of mods installed on VC.

And yet you constantly blame the devs for breaking your VC:MP. How is that fair?
Read above posts, no crash logs are being made, I did mention the browser freezing/crashing several times and non of my mods are on as that debuglog file has been there since eternity. I have 2 VC directories including a vanilla one which doesn't work as well.
Now let me make this clear as well. Both my games are a direct copy from my laptop, both which worked perfectly fine on my laptop. Including the way I installed vcmp on both my laptop and pc are identical, I never had any issue on laptop.

maxorator

Quote from: Brian on Apr 13, 2016, 07:25 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 13, 2016, 07:23 PMSo you have reinstalled VCMP multiple times, the browser crashes (You've not mentioned this before..), you furiously open up multiple taskmanagers, don't open up the error message from VCMP to see why it crashed, and you have plenty of mods installed on VC.

Read above posts, no crash logs are being made, I did mention the browser freezing/crashing several times and non of my mods are on as that debuglog file has been there since eternity. I have 2 VC directories including a vanilla one which doesn't work as well.
Now let me make this clear as well. Both my games are a direct copy from my laptop, both which worked perfectly fine on my laptop. Including the way I installed vcmp on both my laptop and pc are identical, I never had any issue on laptop.
Follow the steps with Process Explorer that I described here:
http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=2533.0

Brian

Doesn't work either, the moment I click on stack the program freezes and crashes as well.