Client Update Released (April 13)

Started by maxorator, Apr 12, 2016, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxorator

A client update has been released for 04rel003.

• Fixes some problems with loading custom models.
  • Fixes player SetHeading setting to + 90 degrees from the specified value.
  • Increases custom object limit from 400 to 6000.

About new model IDs

Since the custom objects now occupy the range 6000-12000 instead of the previous 6000-6400, the vehicle IDs have moved from 6400 to 12000. For now they are silently converted to the correct range, so it shouldn't break custom vehicles in current servers.

This limit (or lack thereof) means that what you now have to look out for is that you don't use too much memory with the custom objects. Currently all models of custom objects stay in memory and are not loaded/unloaded like the game's main map is.

Brian

Don't know what you have done but you managed to fix my problem with this update.

rww

Quotethe vehicle IDs have moved from 6400 to 12000. For now they are silently converted to the correct range, so it shouldn't break custom vehicles in current servers.

For test, I changed the file names and...

Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

maxorator

Quote from: rwwpl on Apr 12, 2016, 11:18 PM
Quotethe vehicle IDs have moved from 6400 to 12000. For now they are silently converted to the correct range, so it shouldn't break custom vehicles in current servers.

For test, I changed the file names and...

Yes, the server needs an update to work with the new IDs. Meanwhile just leave them as they were.

Coolkid

with new update many players are experinecing problem we cant see bank properly it is black inside i tried in many server but same reult any many other players also have same prb afetr this update

Hanney

same here, biker bar isn't loading nor the lovefist place.

maxorator

Quote from: Coolkid on Apr 12, 2016, 11:51 PMwith new update many players are experinecing problem we cant see bank properly it is black inside i tried in many server but same reult any many other players also have same prb afetr this update
Fixed now.

KAKAN

Well, can someone upload the new updated VCMP folder( name: b570df1dd00004823 ) for me? Because my net is too damn slow to download the update over UDP packets, I would download using IDM or something like that instead :)
oh no

maxorator

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 13, 2016, 07:15 AMWell, can someone upload the new updated VCMP folder( name: b570df1dd00004823 ) for me? Because my net is too damn slow to download the update over UDP packets, I would download using IDM or something like that instead :)
Did the updated browser not work for you?

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 13, 2016, 07:15 AMWell, can someone upload the new updated VCMP folder( name: b570df1dd00004823 ) for me? Because my net is too damn slow to download the update over UDP packets, I would download using IDM or something like that instead :)

Client updates are delivered over HTTP/TCP, that makes no sense.

SAzEe21

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 13, 2016, 08:55 AM

Client updates are delivered over HTTP/TCP, that makes no sense.
I already said that my net was slow. It's fixed now.
oh no

Sebastian

@rwwpl  I wish you good luck ! :D
The new limit is great. Too bad the objects are not yet streaming in/out, but it should be fine for now.

Thijn

All updates can be downloaded here, but you should always try the browser first. It usually works fine and is less of a hassle then manually downloading and installing the update.

ysc3839

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 13, 2016, 02:27 PMAll updates can be downloaded here, but you should always try the browser first. It usually works fine and is less of a hassle then manually downloading and installing the update.
How can you get it? Does it get the files automatically?