A Great Idea

Started by RW, Apr 27, 2016, 03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

When can we play with NPC :P and if the NPCs have been added in the game. Let's imagine ;D

Stormeus

Quote from: [F.B.I]RW on Apr 27, 2016, 03:44 AMLet's imagine ;D

Well, for one a bunch of servers wouldn't do much more than put NPC characters inside Ammunations and have them stand there.

Obviously that's not a valid reason to not implement it. NPCs are something we have on the todo list, but to me it's pretty low-priority. Who installs a multiplayer game to play with bot characters?

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 27, 2016, 07:51 AMWell, for one a bunch of servers wouldn't do much more than put NPC characters inside Ammunations and have them stand there.

Might as well just make an object from a player skin and throw him in there since they'd achieve the same thing :D

Milos

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 27, 2016, 07:51 AM

Well, for one a bunch of servers wouldn't do much more than put NPC characters inside Ammunations and have them stand there.

Obviously that's not a valid reason to not implement it. NPCs are something we have on the todo list, but to me it's pretty low-priority. Who installs a multiplayer game to play with bot characters?
NPC is not only to stay within ammunation.
It is something that depends on the creativity of those who create the server, right?
I'm sorry, but I disagree with you, and in my opinion this is also not a valid reason to not add NPC's.
But this is a decision of the developers :P

But another way to do this would be if someone create a plugin, I think

Thijn

Quote from: Necrose on Apr 27, 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 27, 2016, 07:51 AM

NPC is not only to stay within ammunation.
It is something that depends on the creativity of those who create the server, right?
I'm sorry, but I disagree with you, and in my opinion this is also not a valid reason to not add NPC's.
But this is a decision of the developers :P

But another way to do this would be if someone create a plugin, I think
Go read the second paragraph again.

Milos

In this case, I refer to "low priority". I do not think it's just "playing with bots"

Mötley

http://guardians.ch/ggm/
I wonder how [GoE]Barna and SpYder implemented police and pedestrians also he sounds like Vrocker when you read his posts :P
QuoteSorry for the long delay. I had some problems and things to do which weren't all gta and/or GGM related. And thats why I'm not the only one working and developing on GGM anymore. SpYder did most of the testing, bug finding, fixing and development for this release. It was entierly made possible by him!
and maybe spYder is Force ;D

RW

PunkNoodle

Quote from: Mr_Motley on Apr 27, 2016, 02:13 PMI wonder how [GoE]Barna and SpYder implemented police and pedestrians
They didn't implement them, they just left them enabled in the client instance, but they aren't synced, each player sees them in a different position and there is no net code. And of course what makes it hard of implementing NPCs is syncing them for everyone. I remember in LU using a memory address which allowed to toggle pedestrians, yet unsynced. And LH:MP at first had NPCS and even NPC vehicles enabled as well, before they removed them. I had a small argument with Romop5 cause I told him that it would be cool leaving the ability to toggle NPCs or not to server owners. However he just rejected it telling me because they are unsynced.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: ...kneedl_ on Apr 28, 2016, 10:34 AM
Quote from: Mr_Motley on Apr 27, 2016, 02:13 PMI wonder how [GoE]Barna and SpYder implemented police and pedestrians
They didn't implement them, they just left them enabled in the client instance, but they aren't synced, each player sees them in a different position and there is no net code. And of course what makes it hard of implementing NPCs is syncing them for everyone. I remember in LU using a memory address which allowed to toggle pedestrians, yet unsynced. And LH:MP at first had NPCS and even NPC vehicles enabled as well, before they removed them. I had a small argument with Romop5 cause I told him that it would be cool leaving the ability to toggle NPCs or not to server owners. However he just rejected it telling me because they are unsynced.
Hmm... nub way

Mötley

^^^ Not really there was a issue with GGM after a year of its release locking out correct updates. Hear is the answer to my statement

**Copied from my email**

Quote[GoE] Barna <[email protected]>
10:45 AM (23 hours ago)

Hi there

I find it amazing that your e-mail actually reached me, maybe even more amazing that you even wrote it :-)

Sadly in 2004 I had a harddrive crash and lost the source code so even if I'd want to continue, I could not.
But I'm sure if I had to look at source code I wrote back then, I'd get sick or something HAHA

Maybe you could ask a guy nicknamed SpYder, who continued development after me for a while back then.

5 Years ago, someone else asked me about GGM, and I replied to that person that he/she should try to write to the email addresses [Email Removed] and [Email Removed] if the source code was still in his hands. Heard nothing further.

So if you end up contacting SpYder, put me into the CC, just for nostalgic reason I'd like to get the code back.

Thanks for your E-Mail, makes me happy that somehow GGM is still being remembered, even after a decade, wow!

-Bernhard

Thijn

You people know we're on a VC:MP forum right? I don't see how these posts help anything.

NPC are on the to-do list, but aren't a high priority at the moment. I don't think there's anything else to say.
Locked.