[BUG?] Wrong reason for kills.

Started by DizzasTeR, May 10, 2016, 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzasTeR

Reproducible:
- Yes

What were you doing:
- Killing each other with Rocket Launcher, Grenades and Molotov Cocktails.

What you think caused the bug:
- No idea

Explanation / Notes:
- It's a pretty straight-forward problem. Killing with Rocket Launcher and Grenades  give you the kill reason of "Explosion" if we do GetWeaponID on the reason which is called in onPlayerKill callback. This is I guess wrong, it leads to improper knowledge whether that was Grenade kill or Rocket Launcher kill so I suppose it should show correctly.

Same goes for Molotov that if you kill someone with Molotov it will either not trigger the onPlayerKill event and killer won't be declared, instead the player dies from the reason 'Burned'. If the kill actually gets recognized then the kill reason gets to be "Flamthrower" and not "Molotov", yet again this needs to be fixed.

Special thanks to @BABA1 for testing this out.

KAKAN

yes, this was known a long time ago. There's no need to fix that :P
oh no

Stormeus

This isn't a bug, and this isn't even new. It's worked like this forever, even before 0.4.

Anik

Yeah but the molotov thingy should get fixed.

DizzasTeR

Despite being a expected reason of 'Explosion' of Rocket Launcher kill and Grenade I'd like ask you, isn't it necessary for a scripter to know properly if it was exactly an RPG kill or Grenade kill? I think its far more better if things are not that limited, I mean seriously people could come up with any idea and then these limitations ruin it.

and as said above, the molotov should be fixed atleast, that it sometimes doesn't even count kill and if it does, then it shows Flamethrower.

EK.IceFlake

DizzasTeR

Quote from: ext-d.CrystalBlue on Jun 25, 2015, 02:55 PMWill you please stop coughing?

You do realize that if I throw a molotov over a player having like 15 health, he will start losing health and in the meantime if I switch to any other weapon and he dies, the weapon will be considered the one I'm holding currently while using killer.Weapon.