[BUG] 1. Console changes end line 2. Chat lag

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jun 03, 2016, 06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Description
1. When I change the console a bit then close it and after a while open it and use the END key, it takes me to somewhere in the middle of the chat
2. When I play for a long time, then alt+tab out of the game and come back a moment later the main chat is lagging, but when I use the TAB console it works fine (so its not that the packets are being delayed somehow)

Reproducible
Sometimes

What you were doing when the bug happened
Enjoying my advantage of being able to talk to my friends

What you think caused the bug
1. null character in wrong place
2. idk

KAKAN

yeah, I've experienced this too...
1. Yep, the easy way to fix it is to use /q and rejoin :P
2. yes, When I search for something to give the link to my friend and when I come back...
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: KAKAN on Jun 03, 2016, 12:33 PMyeah, I've experienced this too...
1. Yep, the easy way to fix it is to use /q and rejoin :P
2. yes, When I search for something to give the link to my friend and when I come back...
I always fix both of them with rejoin, but it's very annoying >:(

Luckshya

I've also experienced it. The chat starts showing eariler msgs of game and the recent one comes late.
It doesn't gets fixed after reconnect(by going in menu and reconnecting).
We have to close the game by /q then come again to fix it.

EK.IceFlake

Stormeus

I don't really have much time at the moment for working on VC:MP on account of my full-time job, among other things.

Stormeus

@EK.CrystalBlue Can you reproduce both of these issues on a minimal server and provide more details on how to do so?

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

EK.IceFlake

First one, just open the TAB console, go up a bit (pg up | mouse wheel up) and close the tab console without going down and wait for a ton of messages. Now when you open the console and press the end key it will not go very down but somewhere in the middle. Also if you go down (pg dn | mouse wheel down) to the latest message and close it and open it again it will go back up again
Second one, well so far I have seen that they are sometimes reproducible on all servers if you play on them for a while and alt + tab out of them and come back in game. This doesn't always happen