[Bug] Client Or Server

Started by MacTavish, Mar 05, 2015, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacTavish

Many players reported me that they can't join any 0.4 server because client continuesly downloading one file. My friend also reported me that he is having same problem If server is running from 1 day then new players can't join server they stucked on downloading and then leave server But after restarting server it works fine then again happen after 1 day...

This is annoying :-[

ScreenShot:

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

hotdogcat

Maybe there is something wrong in the store

Credits to Bart.

Gudio

MacTavish

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 05, 2015, 12:05 PMIs your IP dynamic?

Mine is dynamic ip but my friend have static ip. does it matter with that?

Grand Hunting Project

PsyChO_KiLLeR

beztone this error also come to me when i am joining your server downloading get stuck then bharat patil restart server and i come it work fines

Gudio

Quote from: Beztone on Mar 05, 2015, 12:24 PMMine is dynamic ip but my friend have static ip. does it matter with that?
Sure it does. Check %APPDATA\%VCMP\04beta\store directory to see that all downloaded files are put to "IP-port" folder.
Solution? Ask developers to send server's unique ID and put store files there. :3

Thijn

The real solution is get yourself a proper host with a static IP.

MacTavish

Quote from: Thijn on Mar 05, 2015, 06:45 PMThe real solution is get yourself a proper host with a static IP.
What about others? They have static ip but having same problem :-\

Grand Hunting Project

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 05, 2015, 06:17 PMSolution? Ask developers to send server's unique ID and put store files there. :3

From where does that unique ID come from? I mean, what supplies that unique ID? Also, what if a new server would end up using an id from a older one and then a client that used to connect to the older one would end up connecting to the new one as well. Wouldn't there be a conflict between the files? (unless their hash is checked and updated accordingly) Of course this can happen with IPs but at least people can't blame the devs for that :D

Gudio

@S.L.C
That could work like player's unique ID, but this one would come from the server. Then developers should have a choice to select IP-Port or UniqueID-Port directory name format. :p It should help for hosts with dynamic IPs.

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 05, 2015, 11:13 PM@S.L.C
UniqueID-Port :p

Oh crap. I forgot that some people host multiple servers in one machine. Here's something else that could collide :D

MacTavish

I am using Sky-City hosting so what i have to do to solve this issue

Grand Hunting Project

NicusorN5

[BUMP] One solution to this is restarting the server. That bug also happened to me.

MEGAMIND

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 20, 2018, 10:41 AM[BUMP] One solution to this is restarting the server. That bug also happened to me.
^

KrOoB_

this problem is related to the server, delete the file that appears on the screen from the server and restart the server ;D