Russian Community

Started by Harvus, Feb 02, 2017, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vito

Quote from: Shadow on Feb 03, 2017, 03:04 PMI think you might suffer from a lack of visual acuity or some sort. Nevertheless, I'll try to bold out the key words for you.

QuoteYou agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.
So you protecting our privacy and USA laws via checking source of each *.exe posted here? Ok, sorry for commenting this playground.

Kewun

jWeb

Quote from: vito on Feb 03, 2017, 04:14 PMSo you protecting our privacy and USA laws via checking source of each *.exe posted here? Ok, sorry for commenting this playground.

Yes because you'll give that executable quite the privileges in order to inject itself into the game. And with those privileges, a huge number of things an be achieved.

Your computer can become part of a botnet. It can retrieve any information from your computer since you gave it those rights. And overall it can do everything that any other program can do on your computer. BECAUSE... you... gave it those privileges.

And you know what's funny here? Because IF something like that were to happen. Who are you people going to blame? The guy who gave you the executable or the developers who allowed such business to be conducted here on the forums.

Well, history tells me that the first target will be the owners of the forum. Even thought it was your fault. You trusted them to not allow such things on the forum.

You can debate their requirements all you want. But in the end, they're required to do it and you agreed to it. If you don't want to be subject to those rules then you are free to distribute that executable over other means. But then you'll have no right to accuse anyone here if you happen to become a victim.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that no one here will even be able to realize if they've become a victim to such things. But the staff is required to take those measures.

That being said. I'm not saying that this is the intention of this executable. But it's a rule and must be followed because it can lead to some catastrophic results if broken. And the risk is too high to overlook even the slightest detail.

vito

Quote from: jWeb on Feb 03, 2017, 04:39 PMYour computer can become part of a botnet.
If it has oracle virtualbox exploit, well... I will deal with it.
Quote from: jWeb on Feb 03, 2017, 04:39 PMWho are you people going to blame?
Myself, as being mature person. Really what we have discussing about :-X

Shadow

Quote from: vito on Feb 03, 2017, 05:06 PM
Quote from: jWeb on Feb 03, 2017, 04:39 PMYour computer can become part of a botnet.

You really think you live in a self-centered world, don't you? We are talking about EVERYONE who would just download executables off this forum then come and blame the owners/moderators for whatever effects those executables have on their computer. Please read everything that's been discussed thoroughly and make sure you understand what's being talked about here.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Shadow on Feb 03, 2017, 05:59 PM
Quote from: vito on Feb 03, 2017, 05:06 PM

You really think you live in a self-centered world, don't you? We are talking about EVERYONE who would just download executables off this forum then come and blame the owners/moderators for whatever effects those executables have on their computer. Please read everything that's been discussed thoroughly and make sure you understand what's being talked about here.
Well... people use things such as Google Drive or the likes to do a lot of illegal stuff. I've never heard of someone opening a lawsuit against them for something other people did using their websites.