126: mod_mysql not found

Started by EK.IceFlake, Mar 01, 2017, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Well... I'm getting a 126 error.
That's supposed to mean that the file is not found.
However, the file exists.
I'm on Windows, so case sensitivity is not an issue.
Plugin error >> LoadLibrary() 'plugins/mod_mysql64.dll' failed: Code 126
Failed to load plugin: mod_mysql64
:edit: After copying it again, I'm getting a 193.
Plugin error >> LoadLibrary() 'plugins/mod_mysql64.dll' failed: Code 193
Failed to load plugin: mod_mysql64

:edit: Getting a 126 again after copying the standalone version

In the dependencies folder. You should see 2 other folders `win32` and `win64` respectively. In those folders, there should be a mysq_##.7z file and in that file there's a mysql_##.dll. You need that DLL somewhere in the user paths because the MySQL module needs it. You can place it in the same folder as the server and that would be just fine. This is only necessary on Windows. And be sure to match it with your selected plugin/server architecture. Or you may just use both.

There's also another file runtimes.7z. This is kinda like the Visual C++ Runtimes from the official plugin. Except from the MinGW compiler I've used to compile it. Again, this can be extracted in the server folder. This is only needed if you selected the Dynamic (not Standalone) version of the plugins. The Standalone version of the plugin comes with these DLLs embedded in them. And I would recommend using the Standalone version of the plugin if you plan on switching between x32 and x64 versions of the server.

Since each of the Standalone plugin comes with these runtimes embedded in them. They use a few extra MB of memory and will generate more executable code in memory. But that's fine since you normally don't host the server on Windows. The Dynamic version of the plugins share those runtime DLLs instead. But you can't have both the x32 and x64 versions in the server folder. So that's a clear disadvantage when developing stuff and testing on different architectures.

Anyway, all this confusion is only for Windows.