[Bug] Can't disable frame limiter

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jun 07, 2017, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Description
Whenever I try to disable the frame limiter it snaps back on like what happens when you try to enable widescreen.

Reproducible
Always.

What you were doing when the bug happened
I was lagging and remembered that my frame limiter keeps turning on a few updates ago and tried to disable it again but this time it failed to disable.

What you think caused the bug
Some offsets got messed up.

This is on purpose. I think it was reported before but I can't remember exactly which topic and where. Or was it on IRC? Meh, forgot about it. But yeah, if I remember correctly, this is on purpose.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on Jun 07, 2017, 03:42 PMThis is on purpose. I think it was reported before but I can't remember exactly which topic and where. Or was it on IRC? Meh, forgot about it. But yeah, if I remember correctly, this is on purpose.
I think you might be confusing this with the limitation on widescreen because it's genuinely retarded to prevent someone from disabling the frame limiter.

Stormeus

Most servers force you to play with frame limiter on because people with frame limiter off have different physics and might have some combat advantages. You can only turn the frame limiter off on servers that allow it.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 07, 2017, 04:14 PMMost servers force you to play with frame limiter on because people with frame limiter off have different physics and might have some combat advantages. You can only turn the frame limiter off on servers that allow it.
How does a server allow it?
:edit: Got it.

Stormeus

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jun 07, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 07, 2017, 04:14 PMMost servers force you to play with frame limiter on because people with frame limiter off have different physics and might have some combat advantages. You can only turn the frame limiter off on servers that allow it.
How does a server allow it?

In Squirrel it would be SetSyncFrameLimiter(false);

Grove4life

Sorry, I don't know how you can't disable it, but I DO know some fun facts:

The higher the framerate, the heavier and slower your car/boat will get, the bigger your turns get when driving in a car, the  the harder it becomes to take off with your skimmer, the faster your rotor blades spin up with any helicopter, the faster you'll see the clouds move, the heavier the rain will fall down, the faster the rate gets of NPC's in car's pressing thier horns, the faster NPC's will cut what they where saying in the middle of thier sentence, the faster rockets will travel , the water textures move, AND or course the more often your game crashes.

The physics in older GTA's are build to peform the most natural at 30FPS, which is a shame. When I was still busy completing the game I would turn framelimiter on in any vehicle exept for helicopters for optimal driving peformance, and I would play on 90FPS when I was on foot, the game would often crash on a framerate higher than that, and all that with RTSS running or my game will not run at all with framelimiter off.
For GTA III I would play on 30FPS constantly because either the game would crash or Claude would be send flying when walking downhill.