Client Updates Released (6 May UTC)

Started by Stormeus, May 06, 2015, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A client update has been released for 04rel002.

Hotfix 1
  • The client is now statically linked and should not require the Visual C++ 2013 redistributables.
  • Screenshots are no longer post-processed in the main game loop, and should no longer hang the game for a second or longer.
  • Screenshots in windowed mode no longer capture the entire desktop.
  • Other players' reload animations now play when they are reloading.
  • Fixed players appearing to shoot while reloading automatic weapons such as the M4.
  • Players who are in the middle of firing their weapon now send slightly more sync packets.
  • Players can no longer use the spawn menu while spectating.
  • Players no longer automatically reconnect after being kicked or banned.
  • Fixed players punching with fists not appearing to punch.
  • Attempted a fix for shotguns appearing to not fire on every other shot, when fired in rapid succession.

Hotfix 2
  • Fixed players appearing to jitter in place when beginning to move out of a shooting animation.

Hotfix 3
  • Fixed an anti-slide fix not taking effect when standing and breaking out of a shooting animation.

This update will take effect upon loading the browser or joining a 04rel002 server.

EDIT: Added an undocumented bugfix.

Sebastian

Just tested it, and I found few bad things. :-\

• Screenshots are failing
QuoteCreateBitmapFromScreen: failed to copy data to offscreen surface (0, 2289436780)
TakeScreenshot: Could not get a bitmap of the screen

Failed to capture screenshot. For more information, use /showdebug 1 and try again.
  • Sliding is back on screen (when running - good thing that I still see the player when crouching/uncrouching)
  • Animation of players who use FPS are no longer applied - they just stand.
  • Some bullets of stubby shotgun didn't appear (fired by other players)

PS: This was tested on LW server.

Murdock

I kept getting the error "Unable to rename installation directory" (or something similar) when updating until I changed the compatibility mode for the browser to Windows Vista SP2.

And like seeby said, taking screenshots indeed shows the message "TakeScreenshot: Could not get a bitmap of the screen"

Also the server seems to append a string twice when using the -appendname argument

Stormeus

Pushed another hotfix to fix the anti-slide glitch not taking effect when not crouching. Also made some very minor adjustments to screenshot error detection; however, I can't reproduce the screenshot failure.

Are you guys using compatibility mode, or running the game as an admin? Windowed or fullscreen? I'm not sure I have enough info to make it happen.

Murdock

Quote from: stormeus on May 06, 2015, 05:33 PMAre you guys using compatibility mode, or running the game as an admin? Windowed or fullscreen? I'm not sure I have enough info to make it happen.

Running browser in compatibility mode as admin, running gta-vc.exe with normal settings, fullscreen mode in my case

Sebastian

The slide seems to be fixed.

About screenshot: it seems to work only in windowed mode.
I also ran it as administrator, to see if it works in fullscreen, but nope.
(I get the same messages)

Btw, these screenshots are very fast now, good job. :)

rObInX

Murdock

I found that screenshots work fine in fullscreen and windowed mode if you have 'game_windowed' set to 1 and manually changed into fullscreen mode using alt+enter.
If 'game_windowed' is set to 0, switching to windowed mode using alt+enter and taking screenshots both won't work

Sebastian

Quote from: Murdock on May 07, 2015, 09:44 AMIf 'game_windowed' is set to 0, switching to windowed mode using alt+enter and taking screenshots both won't work

Weird, never heard of this: switching to windowed mode using alt+enter when game_windowed is 0.
Just tested, and I can't do that. You may be confused.

Thijn

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 07, 2015, 10:26 AM
Quote from: Murdock on May 07, 2015, 09:44 AMIf 'game_windowed' is set to 0, switching to windowed mode using alt+enter and taking screenshots both won't work

Weird, never heard of this: switching to windowed mode using alt+enter when game_windowed is 0.
Just tested, and I can't do that. You may be confused.
Alt+enter is a widely used hotkey to do that (not just in VC:MP), and works fine last I checked.

Sebastian

Quote from: Thijn on May 07, 2015, 11:09 AMAlt+enter is a widely used hotkey to do that (not just in VC:MP), and works fine last I checked.

I'm aware of that, but I'm pretty sure the game can't be windowed via alt+enter when game_windowed is 0.

This is my theory:
-when game_windowed is 0, the game launches just like it does in Single Player. (without the ability to become windowed)
-but when game_windowed is 1, the trick of maxorator is applied, and the game becomes windowable via alt+enter.

* sseebbyy waits for a dev to explain...

Murdock

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 07, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote from: Thijn on May 07, 2015, 11:09 AMAlt+enter is a widely used hotkey to do that (not just in VC:MP), and works fine last I checked.

I'm aware of that, but I'm pretty sure the game can't be windowed via alt+enter when game_windowed is 0.

This is my theory:
-when game_windowed is 0, the game launches just like it does in Single Player. (without the ability to become windowed)
-but when game_windowed is 1, the trick of maxorator is applied, and the game becomes windowable via alt+enter.

* sseebbyy waits for a dev to explain...

Don't forget screenshots also don't work in fullscreen mode when game_windowed is set to 0

Sebastian

Quote from: Murdock on May 07, 2015, 04:49 PMDon't forget screenshots also don't work in fullscreen mode when game_windowed is set to 0

This is what I meant by saying this:
I ought use these words: game_windowed 1 instead of windowed mode. (my bad)

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 06, 2015, 06:07 PMAbout screenshot: it seems to work only in windowed mode.

Anyway, to clarify the situation: Screenshot works only when game_windowed 1.

aXXo

Quote from: stormeus on May 06, 2015, 02:08 AM
  • Fixed an anti-slide fix not taking effect when standing and breaking out of a shooting animation.
I believe since this update the post crouch glitch animation is appearing as a slide. It seems to happen consistently for all pings.
Post crouch glitch: When a player shoots a shotgun, scrolls their weapon, crouches after the shot to break away from the recoil animation.

Previously it was hard to tell if a player uses this. Now, it is apparent on LWs that every shotgun player uses the post crouch glitch, so it can be considered as a benefit in disguise :)

• Players who are in the middle of firing their weapon now send slightly more sync packets.
Lately, players with not so good internet appear to warp into positions when shooting. I guess, the sync packets go through a bottleneck when in middle of a shooting animation, so the only packets they are sending is when they shoot.

NOTE: I got pwnt a lot this week. So if this is completely wrong, consider it as a butthurt rant.

Brian

Quote from: aXXo on May 10, 2015, 05:31 PM
I believe since this update the post crouch glitch animation is appearing as a slide. It seems to happen consistently for all pings.
Post crouch glitch: When a player shoots a shotgun, scrolls their weapon, crouches after the shot to break away from the recoil animation.

Previously it was hard to tell if a player uses this. Now, it is apparent on LWs that every shotgun player uses the post crouch glitch, so it can be considered as a benefit in disguise :)

Lately, players with not so good internet appear to warp into positions when shooting. I guess, the sync packets go through a bottleneck when in middle of a shooting animation, so the only packets they are sending is when they shoot.

NOTE: I got pwnt a lot this week. So if this is completely wrong, consider it as a butthurt rant.
This is completely true.