<Solved>I need a little help with my net card

Started by Fjose, May 13, 2015, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fjose

Since that I've changed my windows from 7 to 8.1, I had some problems with the net card while i'm navigating, for example: Each x time my connection is down and for solve the problem, I have to turn off my laptop because if I try use the solver of problems of windows, my laptop got a crash and it freezes and then I have to remove the battery as unique form. Curiously this only happens when I use the browsers, because if I'm playing vcmp, that does not happens and same if I'm downloading something (for example with the Windows Update or DriverEasy nothing happens), but the connection fails if I'm downloading using the browser. I tried other solutions but without results. Would be two problems:

1) Repair the connection problems with the card.
2) Repair the crash when I use the solver of problems (only occurs when I use it with this card).

Note: I've already tried downloading the drivers from HP Page without results (with those drivers I can't use the wifi)

Ksna

Your laptop drivers doesn't support Win8.1 try other versions like win8.1 enterprise/pro/...
Contact hp and ask which versions of windows runs smooth or go to official site and search for your laptop model .

You will see something like this :
With Windows 8.1 – for a smooth, versatile PC experience

karan20000000000

There's a software known as DriverScanner which automatically looks up drivers for your pc, try using it.
With regards,
KP
------------------------------------------

Thijn

Quote from: Ksna on May 13, 2015, 02:47 AMYour laptop drivers doesn't support Win8.1 try other versions like win8.1 enterprise/pro/...
Contact hp and ask which versions of windows runs smooth or go to official site and search for your laptop model .

I doubt HP will only support certain versions of 8.1.

Your picture is gone, btw. Care to re-upload it if it contained useful information?

Fjose

Quote from: Ksna on May 13, 2015, 02:47 AMYour laptop drivers doesn't support Win8.1 try other versions like win8.1 enterprise/pro/...
I have windows 8.1 Enterprise, I've already gone to hp page but the drivers are updated until the windows 7 and that drivers doesn't work.

Quote from: karan20000000000 on May 13, 2015, 05:44 AMThere's a software known as DriverScanner which automatically looks up drivers for your pc, try using it.
OK, I'll try it. >.> I need to buy the licence

Quote from: Thijn on May 13, 2015, 05:50 AM

I doubt HP will only support certain versions of 8.1.

Your picture is gone, btw. Care to re-upload it if it contained useful information?
In my opinion nothing useful, the pic just shows when I'm trying to fix the problem and then I got the crash

EDIT: I've reuploaded the photo.

Sebastian

(Unfortunately) I also do have a HP laptop.
There is no win8.1 drivers for my model too, but I'm still using it... and everything works (aprox.) good.
Anyway, did you try to change driver's compatibility ?
Also, you may want to take a look at the official web page of netcard's developer, you may find win8.1 drivers.

MacTavish

Seems like your windows is not activated i am not sure that it could cause problem btw can you tell me your Lan card Hardware ID from Device manager.

In device manager open the property of your lan card go in details, there you will see "Device discription"  click and select the Hardware ids just post first line.

And the Wifi has separate drivers so in

Device manager> Network adapters there would be your wifi too also post its Hardware ids, So i can give a try to help you ( i've solved many issue like this ) :)

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Gulk

Anything above Windows 7 sucks anyway. Just go back to 7.

lol, jk. Find out what model pc you have. then download drivers if that doesn't work. Find out exactly the model of your net card, and search for drivers. if that doesnt work try search your motherboard support or contact the manufacturer of your laptop for help. Sometimes old computers arent supported with new OS's

Honey

tbh, My PC isn't even worth 100$ and I can easily use Win 8 ( never tried 8.1 ) but I think Win 8.1 should work fine too. Whenever I install something, All of the necessary drivers are pre-installed so I never have to go through that crap. Luckily, I use a PC and another extra device to catch WiFi so Both of them work without any problems for me. What I would suggest is, You can install HP Drivers ( the one that doesnt let you use WiFi )  if you're able to connect to internet on Wires through them then you can use them to connect to local internet and any external device to catch WiFi.

Fjose

Finally my problem was solved! After 4 months with the same shit! :D

If someone have the same problem, this is the solution.
1) Go to Device Manager
2) Select Network Adapters
3) Select device (In my case RealTek PCIe GBE Family)
4) Right click and select properties.
5) Select Energy Administrator
5) Deactivate the option: allow the computer to turn off this device to save power