VC-MP startup

Started by FabianB, Nov 08, 2014, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FabianB

Hello,

I'm not very known with the computer so this will probably be a simple issue that I can't fix.
When I try connecting to a server, it doesn't opens Vice City multiplayer, it just opens my normal Vice City game (single player).
How do I fix this?

Greetings, Fabian ;)

jayant

I think you have not give the location of gta vice city game installation..So, try the thing which I told below.

You have to give your GTA Vice city game location....Open the server browser.

Click tools -> settings -> In GTA-VC Directory browse and select your Gta vicecity game location [ like F:/GTA/Vice city/gta-vc.exe ]

Note - It is important to point to the gta-vc.exe

Honey

If you're using v0.3 then you must install VC:MP in the same directory where your GTA VC is installed.Also as Jayant mentioned already, Don't forget to point out the game path.

Thijn

The game wouldn't start if the path is wrong. Just make sure you installed it right.

Go to:

XP: [SystemDrive]\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\VCMP
Win7: [SystemDrive]\Users\[UserName]\AppData\[Local/Roaming]\VCMP      (I have no idea if it's in Local or Roaming)

And remove the VCMP folder that you find there. Now open the VC:MP browser and go to Tools > Settings and set your GTA VC directory in there. Otherwise it won't be able to start the game.

ysc3839

Quote from: S.L.C on Nov 09, 2014, 10:46 AMGo to:

XP: [SystemDrive]\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\VCMP
Win7: [SystemDrive]\Users\[UserName]\AppData\[Local/Roaming]\VCMP      (I have no idea if it's in Local or Roaming)

And remove the VCMP folder that you find there. Now open the VC:MP browser and go to Tools > Settings and set your GTA VC directory in there. Otherwise it won't be able to start the game.
Just run "%appdata%" :D