Server starts as port 8192

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jul 02, 2015, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Hi guyz!
As you know, I have a VPS which I use to host peoples server. Well, I was hosting the server of a guy named XuXu on port 5003. For many days, it ran fine. Today, it suddenly crashed and when I restarted it, he was telling me that he cant connect. After a bit of analyzing, I figured out that the server was running on port 8192. In my server.cfg there is clearly a
port 5003on the top. Somehow it still doesnt work. I had managed to fix this problem earlier on KingOfVCs server by typing it manually again on atom and saving it, but this doesnt work here. Any idea what is causing this?

EK.IceFlake

Mashreq

Maybe your 5003 port will pop up as 8192 port.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Mashreq on Jul 02, 2015, 03:02 PMMaybe your 5003 port will pop up as 8192 port.
What do you mean?

Thijn

Try renaming your old server.cfg file, and re-create one and add the contents manually.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 02, 2015, 05:35 PMTry renaming your old server.cfg file, and re-create one and add the contents manually.
No effect...
I will try to update the versions
EDIT: Still no effect
EDIT: Somehow, running it as administrator works. I guess it has some permission issues I will open my folder so it can come without running it as administrator.
EDIT: No, still need to run as administrator. THIS IS NOT FIXED!!! I dont want to run it as administrator.

Thijn

wait, are you running linux or windows?

maxorator

If running as an administrator helps, then this is an issue on your side. You probably have done something with file permissions so that the server does not have access to the server.cfg file. Since it can't read any settings from that file, it uses the defaults.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: maxorator on Jul 03, 2015, 10:14 AMIf running as an administrator helps, then this is an issue on your side. You probably have done something with file permissions so that the server does not have access to the server.cfg file. Since it can't read any settings from that file, it uses the defaults.
How does it run the plugins, then? Also I have checked all "Allow" permissions for my user account. Also like I said, for many days it ran fine then suddenly... I didnt do anything there.

EK.IceFlake

EK.IceFlake

Thijn

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 04, 2015, 10:48 AM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 04, 2015, 10:44 AMBump
There's not much we can do. Your permissions are wrong.
How did it run fine before, then? I didn't do anything to them.

47Hitman

Have you allowed permission for the server to connect to your PC, I mean have you allowed access using firewall?

Thijn

Quote from: 47Hitman on Jul 13, 2015, 07:05 AMHave you allowed permission for the server to connect to your PC, I mean have you allowed access using firewall?
The problem is not about people connecting, it's about starting on the wrong port in the first place.