VoIP support?

Started by Hanney, Apr 06, 2016, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanney

Hi,

Could we have voice over IP support for vc-mp in future (preferably position based)? ::) :o 8)

Stormeus

We could do Mumble integration. Full VoIP built into the client would be a whole other beast.

Hanney

That would be awesome...

KAKAN

String like IPs would be better. We can use TS for VoIP though.
oh no

Hanney

I'd like for players to be able to join the game and not have to download any external applications (outside of the game) for VoIP functionality but still be able to opt out of VoIP or mute particular users if they wish. I can see a bunch of uses for it.

I'll use Littlewhitey's as an example since its the server I actively play on.

Player to Player VoIP - All players being able to speak to every other player on the server however position based only so that players who are near other players can hear each other as opposed to global VoIP throughout the server which would be a horrible mess.

Team only VoIP - Still position based but only team mates of the speaking player can hear them and vice versa. Would be useful for communication in team battles for quick warnings ie; "behind you, watch out" , "careful, theirs a sniper", or in general.

admin broadcast/unicast VoIP - admins can broadcast to a particular player or all players. Would be very useful for event management on servers as sometimes its much easier to manage an event by speaking through a mic instead of having to continually stop and type.

KAKAN

Quote from: Hanney on Apr 06, 2016, 03:35 PMI'd like for players to be able to join the game and not have to download any external applications (outside of the game) for VoIP functionality but still be able to opt out of VoIP or mute particular users if they wish. I can see a bunch of uses for it.

I'll use Littlewhitey's as an example since its the server I actively play on.

Player to Player VoIP - All players being able to speak to every other player on the server however position based only so that players who are near other players can hear each other as opposed to global VoIP throughout the server which would be a horrible mess.

Team only VoIP - Still position based but only team mates of the speaking player can hear them and vice versa. Would be useful for communication in team battles for quick warnings ie; "behind you, watch out" , "careful, theirs a sniper", or in general.

admin broadcast/unicast VoIP - admins can broadcast to a particular player or all players. Would be very useful for event management on servers as sometimes its much easier to manage an event by speaking through a mic instead of having to continually stop and type.

it would be better if devs will only add VoIP support and leave the functions for the server owners to implement them. What about it?
oh no

KakaroT

+1, that would be awesome.

Xmair

I've the same words as Kakarot.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Klaus

Would be a nice feature.

BABA1

Stormeus add it pl0x!

Thijn

I don't think adding ingame VOIP will be that good. What if I wanna talk with people that are also ingame, but I'm not? Adding support for mumble is much nicer in my opinion..

Darfy

Spectacular idea +1.5

[Elv]Woodland

BABA1

That way the non-English motherfakas would learn how to speak Engrish. :D

EightyVice