[Request] Player.Gravity

Started by Awesome_Boy, Apr 22, 2016, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome_Boy

Hi,
    i am trying to create a low gravity server but the problem is cars flying so it is a request for the function player.gravity like 0.3.
@maxorator @Stormeus

KAKAN

Request before too. But got denied. Let's see what happens, my vote is always a +1 for this :D
oh no

Anik

KAKAN

Quote from: Anik on Apr 22, 2016, 12:06 PM+1.
Also We want something like Player.Weather/Player.Speed
There are many things :P
Like setting weather for a world, same to time and other things :D
GUI support etc
oh no

EightyVice

+1 and we want VoIP support

MacTavish

Quote from: Stormeus on Jan 14, 2015, 08:42 PMJust got back here on account of college applications, scholarship applications, schoolwork, etc. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I'd like to for VC:MP-related activity, so I'll be dropping in and out.

As far as this thread goes, I said before that Player.Gravity only even exists because of a sync hack in the old R2 Squirrel server by the LU devs, and I've been stringently opposed to adding it to 0.4 unless it can be properly synced (e.g. in worlds). If this is what the community wants, I'll add it once I find some spare time. However, I will provide absolutely no support for it, and if firefights, vehicle sync, or anything else goes wrong because of setting mixed player gravities in a world, that's on you for now.

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Quote from: Anik on Apr 22, 2016, 12:06 PM+1.
Also We want something like Player.Weather/Player.Speed

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 12:07 PMThere are many things :P
Like setting weather for a world, same to time and other things :D
GUI support etc

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on Apr 22, 2016, 01:07 PM+1 and we want VoIP support

What the f* is this? How long are you people going to keep barging into topics and complain about what you want in VCMP?

Stormeus

I'll consider it a good sign if the best new feature request you can come up with is per-player gravity, which is never happening again. Per-world settings are something I'll still have to look into.

Anik

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 22, 2016, 01:10 PMI'll consider it a good sign if the best new feature request you can come up with is per-player gravity, which is never happening again. Per-world settings are something I'll still have to look into.
People are still hacking Gravities and Speeds. I have noticed that in my server.

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 22, 2016, 01:10 PMPer-world settings are something I'll still have to look into.
SetGravityWorld( player.UniqueWorld, 0.1 );
YES!
oh no

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 01:25 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 22, 2016, 01:10 PMPer-world settings are something I'll still have to look into.
YES!

And then you have to put the player in their unique world, meaning that they won't be visible to anyone else.

KAKAN

Quote from: Stormeus on Apr 22, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 01:25 PM
YES!

And then you have to put the player in their unique world, meaning that they won't be visible to anyone else.
Yeah, I know. I posted that for my upcoming test :D Gravity duel
oh no

Awesome_Boy

@Stormeus what is its reason?
Quote from: Anik on Apr 22, 2016, 01:24 PMPeople are still hacking Gravities and Speeds. I have noticed that in my server.

Live Demo :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKcdpw0AP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P59EimcyhWo

Milos

Sebastian

That gravity server is all about high-jumping? If yes, can't you just boost the jump ?