Server Official/pac

Started by MEGAMIND, Jul 22, 2016, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEGAMIND

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 25, 2016, 10:05 PMTo be frank, one of the main reasons I personally don't like promoting servers is because people with the same gamemode start hounding me about why their server isn't official despite having more or less the same merits. Aside from Daydream RP (which I promoted due to its novel use of Dogecoin when released, along with the admins being smart), none of the servers repeat gamemodes.

If your server uses a gamemode that isn't already on the official list, it's likely because I either haven't been able to review it or my observation of the administrative staff or gamemode implementation raised concerns.

This thread is also a perfect example of why I hate touching anything involving the official list. If I promote a server that isn't yours, it must be due to nepotism. By itself, this is also an attitude that would make me reluctant to go anywhere near your servers.
Quote from: Thijn on Jul 25, 2016, 09:20 PMThe devs have no interest in yet another <fill in gamemode> that's already on official list.

Be unique and have good management and a stable host and you might make it up there.
WHICH seems like ... that it will take forever then lol were ok without official stuff...

DizzasTeR

Its a bad excuse, I only consider Argonath, MK's CTF  ( and XAD ) as the only worth servers which were decided/promoted to be official, the rest are nothing special and are just hyped for no reason or reasons like "we have stats there"

VCMP doesn't give too much opportunities (yet) to bring something ever new, but if you're saying that a server can't be promoted because the gamemode its using is already 'known' then its a sad excuse of neglecting because both of them can make a huge difference in standards.

This is just my opinion, sure some people I can already imagine will get too hyped but yeah that's how things are.

EK.IceFlake

Okay. If I make a hax0r server with scripts that help people in hax0r will it become official?
[I'm serious]

KAKAN

Yeah, I totally agree with Doom. Well, Doom has a XAD server which is far more better than the official leaked public XAD script running by WilSon.
And too, doom had a multi-gamemode server which, according to me, is the most unique server till now.
oh no

EK.IceFlake

Well doom isn't in VU. So we don't care. Its not official.

Murdock

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 26, 2016, 08:28 AMIts a bad excuse, I only consider Argonath, MK's CTF  ( and XAD ) as the only worth servers which were decided/promoted to be official, the rest are nothing special and are just hyped for no reason or reasons like "we have stats there"

You forgot to mention Daydream that so far has the most unique features

Coolkid

Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 26, 2016, 08:37 AMYeah, I totally agree with Doom. Well, Doom has a XAD server which is far more better than the official leaked public XAD script running by WilSon.
And too, doom had a multi-gamemode server which, according to me, was the most unique server till now.
i guess even wilson used official leaked script his server has player count around 25-30 everyday while dooms server dont have same player count inspite of  more features .

Stormeus

I'm really not convinced by some of the points in this thread because it's just a rehashing of "omg he's a VU and my script is better."

This is a short, semi-official guideline I wrote years ago on what we considered necessary for a server to become official:

http://archive.vc-mp.org/to2014/index.php?topic=5749.msg33744;theme=1#msg33744

Note the part that says having a unique server isn't, by itself, a deciding factor. If the server doesn't have an audience or has admins who feel the need to belittle other server owners and the development team with comments like

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 26, 2016, 09:11 AMWell doom isn't in VU. So we don't care. Its not official.

Or if their gamemode is something we wouldn't want to promote, we will hesitate to promote it.

Granted, we could be doing a better job to review servers on a continuing basis to determine what should be promoted and what shouldn't.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 26, 2016, 08:28 AMIts a bad excuse, I only consider Argonath, MK's CTF  ( and XAD ) as the only worth servers which were decided/promoted to be official

Omitting Daydream is disingenuous as Murdock said.

LW has been an official server for as long as I can remember. Say what you will about the DM gamemode itself, but you can't deny that they pioneered a connected community account system, C++ scripting, and were the second server to get a working achievement system only after myself. They're also still a reliably popular DM hub.

Empire Gaming's A/D only came out two months ago. Wilson's was able to fill the role left empty by XAD's shutdown almost immediately, the admin team isn't dumb, and they've been putting on community events to keep up the popularity of the mode and the competitive part of VC:MP.

DizzasTeR

You're without any proper reason calling my staff members dumb which is not very nice. Speaking of your guidelines you have a main point of unique gameplay. We all know that VCMP is a small community, there is no deny but when others servers aren't even given a priority then how come you will ever expect a server to grow further.

Having an account system which is connected between servers isn't a big deal, scripting a server in C++ might be but yeah

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 26, 2016, 01:16 PMEmpire Gaming's A/D only came out two months ago.

If you're comparing the up-time of my server with Wilson's then he isn't running a server from years as well.

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 26, 2016, 01:16 PMWilson's was able to fill the role left empty by XAD's shutdown almost immediately, the admin team isn't dumb, and they've been putting on community events to keep up the popularity of the mode and the competitive part of VC:MP.

Again, if you really want to fill up a gap then why not stick to the guidelines and give the chance to a proper server which offers unique gameplay instead.

Just because one doesn't know a server's staff well doesn't mean their staff is bad/dumb.

You also can't deny the logics about being VU, VU is the most populated VCMP clan, and we all know that's what got his or any other well known server its popularity ( Again not every ).

Yet another reason for me to say that only Argonath, MK's CTF ( and XAD ) had people from almost everywhere.

I have stopped trying and I can clearly see how things go on here, I won't make any issues here but as I said its just how things are and turning faces doesn't help anyone. Stretching this further will make no point, its hopeless because things will never change and such things just ruin interest of many and disappoint many as well.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a faggot image showing other players than VU to prove me wrong, what else can be expected

NewK

IIRC LW has been an official server since pretty much the begining of VC:MP in 2005. 11 years as an official server, that's probably more years than some of the users on this forum have of life. Sure, LW's gamemode is not unique anymore, but I believe that's not the goal of the server anyway. The server focuses on vanilla VC:MP gameplay. No glitches, no teleports, no FPS over 30, no drive-by, etc... Say what you will about LW but I don't really see any other server like that at the moment. Also no matter how much you people try to bash LW, the fact still stands that's it's the most populated server at the moment. So that means players are still enjoying it, regardless of whether people think the server should be official or not.

Stormeus

@Doom_Kill3R My calling the A/D server staff "not dumb" was not a directed attack calling your staff dumb. My intention there was to say that they are also capable enough of running an official server. I'm sorry if you interpreted it as such.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 26, 2016, 02:34 PMHaving an account system which is connected between servers isn't a big deal

I still think you're severely understating this.

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 26, 2016, 02:34 PMYeah, I'm waiting for a faggot image showing other players than VU to prove me wrong, what else can be expected

Ok.

KAKAN

NewK LWs had most of the players, now I see many players roaming around on VKs and EC. At night( according to our time ), you can see. LWs had about 3-4 players, while VKs had about 24-31 players and EC had about 8-12 players.
LWs has disabled 60 FPS, that was the cause of its downfall.

I actually think that other servers should get a chance.
Stormeus, if you don't have time, then why don't you pick some trusted players and give them the duty to select a server to become official or unofficial.
And you said, that official server must have a unique gamemode, then tell me, why did XE became official when LWs already had the DM GM?( I saw XE in official list in 0.3 )
I'm not against anybody, just speaking the truth, sorry if my words did hurt you :(
oh no

vito

If back to topic EAD is not using PAC even being official. One way to use PAC is using ad_tec's hosting because of lags of DB connection.

NewK

Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 27, 2016, 08:42 AMNewK LWs had most of the players, now I see many players roaming around on VKs and EC. At night( according to our time ), you can see. LWs had about 3-4 players, while VKs had about 24-31 players and EC had about 8-12 players.
LWs has disabled 60 FPS, that was the cause of its downfall.
The statistics still say LW has the most players here
Also XE is very different from LW. LW is also unique in its own way for the reasons I already said in my previous reply.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: vito on Jul 27, 2016, 08:54 AMIf back to topic EAD is not using PAC even being official.
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jul 26, 2016, 02:34 PMYou also can't deny the logics about being VU, VU is the most populated VCMP clan, and we all know that's what got his or any other well known server its popularity ( Again not every ).