[announcer]Failed to read announce response

Started by KAKAN, Jul 30, 2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

I got a message like:-
announcer: Failed to read announce response from 127.0.0.1(10060)Can I get a explanation why that error poped up? And can anyone tell me the other error codes too :) ?
oh no

Thijn

Are you trying to announce to localhost?

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 30, 2016, 09:43 AMAre you trying to announce to localhost?
yes. This is exactly what I added to server.cfg
announce 127.0.0.1:82Using localhost gave me the IPv6 IP and not IPv4, so using 127.0.0.1
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 30, 2016, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Thijn on Jul 30, 2016, 09:43 AMAre you trying to announce to localhost?
announce 127.0.0.1:82Using localhost gave me the IPv6 IP and not IPv4, so using 127.0.0.1

What the... ROFL. Is there a master-list on localhost? Or even a web-server to receive the post message. and reply back.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on Jul 30, 2016, 11:41 AM

What the... ROFL. Is there a master-list on localhost? Or even a web-server to receive the post message. and reply back.
KAKAN bich is copying me. I was the guy who had the idea of opening an unofficial masterlist.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Jul 30, 2016, 11:41 AM

master-list on localhost -_-
I was trying to use NodeJS to host/make a masterlist and got this kind of problems :p
oh no

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 30, 2016, 01:21 PMKAKAN bich is copying me. I was the guy who had the idea of opening an unofficial masterlist.

You twat. I thought you were the opensource guy, am I right? (I can look back at all the posts you made to prove, if you want.) Then why are you such a little b!tch when someone want's to make something that you're doing as well?

The stupidity you've just shown is unbelievable.

You all cry "open source" and "free" but only as long as it's not coming from you.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: . on Jul 30, 2016, 02:42 PM
Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 30, 2016, 01:21 PMKAKAN bich is copying me. I was the guy who had the idea of opening an unofficial masterlist.

You twat. I thought you were the opensource guy, am I right? (I can look back at all the posts you made to prove, if you want.) Then why are you such a little b!tch when someone want's to make something that you're doing as well?

The stupidity you've just shown is unbelievable.

You all cry "open source" and "free" but only as long as it's not coming from you.
lol? just telling what hes trying to do [hosting his masterlist] since you asked if there was a masterlist on localhost
i don't have any problems against him just notifying us all
anyways let me read you a line from the license agreement of a software I am making for proof [and yes, I did it before your comment]
These only apply when downloading from our mirror. All of our software is released under the public domain.
plus the agreements are only to prevent idiots from suing me

WARRANTY
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our mirror is provided without any legal warranty. Do not attempt to open a lawsuit on warranties.

LOSSES
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our downloads are provided on your complete responsibility. Any loss(es) arising from our downloads, including injuries, are|is your responsibility.

LIABILITY
You agree that if any legal issues arise, you will not let on Elitenet any liabilty.
You will also not sue Elitenet. Please resolve your disputes, should they arise, privately with Elitenet, without any legal intervention.
And remember, I was, am, and will remain the guy who loves freedom

KAKAN

Crystalblue, I'm not copying you. I made it from scratch. And also, it's not PHP, its nodejs.
Anyways, lets stay on-topic. Tell me the meaning of that error, please.
error:-
announcer: Failed to read announce response from 127.0.0.1(10060)And could you please list all the error codes?
oh no

I'm guessing that the error is because you received the POST request from the announcement plugin but you never replied back with what it expects. Thus, it "Failed to read announce response".

And I'm guessing that all these "master-list" mirrors will not connect to the server and actually verify that the server is running and it's accessible from the outside world (like the official one does). Which makes your "master-list" susceptible to flooding with fake servers.

EK.IceFlake

Try using Wireshark to capture the packets
[or any other pakit snifer]
and host the masterlist on another PC so it can check network traffic.
if you find that it successfully reply then fuck your pc otherwise find out why it isn't making the pakits

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Jul 30, 2016, 04:44 PMAnd I'm guessing that all these "master-list" mirrors will not connect to the server and actually verify that the server is running and it's accessible from the outside world (like the official one does). Which makes your "master-list" susceptible to flooding with fake servers.
I was just trying to do that :p
Quote from: . on Jul 30, 2016, 04:44 PMI'm guessing that the error is because you received the POST request from the announcement plugin but you never replied back with what it expects. Thus, it "Failed to read announce response".
I saw ysc's PHP masterlist, and did what he did.
oh no

KAKAN

I did some debug, and I see that I can successfully send the UDP packet to the server, but can't receive any :(
oh no

EK.IceFlake

What? Its supposed to be a TCP!
node.js http | express all run on TCP. you might need  to write your own module that http on UDP

Stormeus

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Jul 31, 2016, 07:25 AMWhat? Its supposed to be a TCP!
node.js http | express all run on TCP. you might need  to write your own module that http on UDP

He's talking about sending a UDP query packet to VC:MP servers...