command line root

Started by Kewun, Nov 02, 2016, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewun

What is the command line to run linux server when using root account?

Murdock

Kewun

I do. Stop lieing. I already found it.

Thijn

What Murdock means is you shouldn't.

What if your IRC script is broken, and you have an exec command that for some reason can be used by everyone.
Can you guess what happens when someone uses the system() function using that? I can basically take over your VPS, lock you out, steal all your files, DDoS people and let your VPS taken down while you get the blame.

So, do not run your server as root.

Kewun

Well, thats right
but i dont have any exec command or broken irc scripts

sudo ./server -allow-server-runas-root
C'mon guys. Let the man go for the stars and then fall down like one ;D

EK.IceFlake

How do you know that? I managed to (or more specifically reached a point where I can) take down EC - one of the biggest servers in VCMP - using IRC injection.

vito

Best security here - nobody want to hack vc-mp servers. Don't care about security.

Kewun

Quote from: EK.CrystalBlue on Nov 03, 2016, 11:55 AMHow do you know that? I managed to (or more specifically reached a point where I can) take down EC - one of the biggest servers in VCMP - using IRC injection.
because i dont have any irc shits or exec shits

Murdock

Quote from: Kewun on Nov 03, 2016, 04:13 PMbecause i dont have any irc shits or exec shits

How are you so sure about that? From what I've seen you copy-pasted so many scripts who knows what could be in there

Kewun

And how are you sure? You don't have my server,. And I copy pasted like only 2 scripts

Locked because I don't want get more spams in this topic by people which are still complaining that I have broken scripts