[Request] Spheres/Markers

Started by Mötley, Nov 07, 2016, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

It's nearly impossible to create delivery missions and way much more when I have to share the same created sphere with every player,

Yet the scripts could become confused on sphere.IDs if using the original method
"When referring to many players doing delivery missions, As well who knows what else the Sphere.IDs could end up doing when removing them" Yet a random player walking into that sphere causing money leak/Mission issues.

The LU team created a sphere that can be set only for the player/client "Server side".

I would prefer a better version of spheres for missions, Therefore I can not continue my server until then which really sucks if I have to remove these missions from the server..

#Please add some method of
http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Squirrel/Server/Functions/Spheres/CreateClientSphere

It would also be useful to have markers on the radar that could you set only for the client only

CreateClientBlip( pPlayer, BLIP_NONE, pPlayer.Pos );
This would create a marker that only that player could see

http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Squirrel/Server/Functions/Blips/CreateClientBlip

EK.IceFlake

What? There is a first argument on CreateCheckpoint called 'player'
For markers just use player.UniqueWorld.

vito

you already able to make sphere at client side via checking player's position and show sprite at the world position.

Mötley

Not being mean @EK.CrystalBlue but Checkpoints would be terrible, This is deliveries not races.

And I really do not see as of how with player.UniqueWorld,

@vito, Why would I run this client side,

I do not want bypasses I want legit methods

vito

I thought you need clientside.
Quote from: Mötley on Nov 07, 2016, 05:05 PMI do not want bypasses I want legit methods
Then wait for developers will. huh ;D

Mötley

Quote from: vito on Nov 07, 2016, 05:14 PMI thought you need clientside.
Quote from: Mötley on Nov 07, 2016, 05:05 PMI do not want bypasses I want legit methods
Then wait for developers will. huh ;D

I do but for example these functions are store serverside. It's easier, I have not looked into client scripts in the vcmp architecture so no clue if I could make a call for a server function from the client scripts vice versa.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Mötley on Nov 07, 2016, 05:05 PMNot being mean @EK.CrystalBlue but Checkpoints would be terrible, This is deliveries not races.

And I really do not see as of how with player.UniqueWorld,

@vito, Why would I run this client side,

I do not want bypasses I want legit methods
There is a parameter in the CreateCheckpoint function which chooses whether it is a sphere or a checkpoint.