Client Update for 0.4 Released (2017-05-25)

Started by Stormeus, May 25, 2017, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A client update has been released for 04rel004.
  • Added support for MP3 and OGG files as custom sounds.
  • Fixed the game crashing on connect if the server uses GUI skins.
  • Fixed the game crashing on exit if any GUI elements fail to load.
  • Fixed client-side scripts such as sprites returning instances even if an error occurred during instantiation. (e.g. GUISprite now properly throws a "sprite does not exist error")
This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

EK.IceFlake

Anik

PunkNoodle

DizzasTeR

Wow this was faster than expected. @Stormeus please support for links to play .mp3 sounds if possible, very advantageous and I have some epic ideas for it

Casper

KAKAN

AAC would be better than OGG. Not complaining, just saying. Its some incredible work done here. Best of luck, Stormeus.
oh no

krystianoo

Passengers still can't exit fast-moving vehicles. After throwing one grenade you enter the 'fast-throwing' animation in which you throw the grenade at a small distance and relatively quickly. This didn't happen earlier.

Additionaly, you can't enter 'other vehicles' when on a vehicle.

Example: When I'm on a boat and a friend flies low enough for me to get onto the heli, I can't get onto it because pressing F or the passenger key causes my character to go towards the boat even though I'm not close to the 'steering wheel' of it.

This may be because of the 'warpzone' for the boat? (e.g get teleported into the boat when you're near it)

EightyVice

Quote from: KAKAN on May 25, 2017, 05:33 PMAAC would be better than OGG. Not complaining, just saying. Its some incredible work done here. Best of luck, Stormeus.
for fast load i think OGG will beat ACC
btw Fastest Update :v cool one

luchgox

Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 25, 2017, 08:34 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on May 25, 2017, 05:33 PMAAC would be better than OGG. Not complaining, just saying. Its some incredible work done here. Best of luck, Stormeus.

OGG is a container not a codec. OGG is meant to (kinda) store the output from other codecs. You're confusing OGG with the Vorbis codec which is commonly used in association with OGG containers.

As for who's better and who's faster. No one really care's at this point as Vorbis has been made "obsolete" by the OPUS codec (made by the same people that maintained Vorbis)  which (at least on paper) beats the sh!t out of everything else in therms of compression and quality.

You should be thankful you can use compressed audio and leave the complaining about audio quality to the people that have high-definition audio setups and not just your sh!tty laptop speakers.

Anik

The game still crashes if any GUISprite is on the screen.

Also, GUI_FLAG_TEXT_TAGS not working on compiled script.
@Stormeus

EightyVice

Quote from: . on May 25, 2017, 09:04 PM

OGG is a container not a codec. OGG is meant to (kinda) store the output from other codecs. You're confusing OGG with the Vorbis codec which is commonly used in association with OGG containers.

As for who's better and who's faster. No one really care's at this point as Vorbis has been made "obsolete" by the OPUS codec (made by the same people that maintained Vorbis)  which (at least on paper) beats the sh!t out of everything else in therms of compression and quality.

You should be thankful you can use compressed audio and leave the complaining about audio quality to the people that have high-definition audio setups and not just your sh!tty laptop speakers.
hmm you think just i test it on my PC? or what man , just be calm while talking

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Zeyad Ahmed on May 26, 2017, 07:43 AM
Quote from: . on May 25, 2017, 09:04 PM

hmm you think just i test it on my PC? or what man , just be calm while talking
Face the truth.

XForce111