Just out of curiosity ..

Started by NviDa., Apr 18, 2015, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NviDa.

Hey guys! SA-MP player here!Been playing SA-MP for long time.I was just going through my YouTube ,video like history.And found a video related to VCMP .So I searched for VCMP forums and reached here.

So just out of curiosity ,is VC-MP still popular?I mean do people still play VC-MP?If so ,is it more than SA-MP?Cause SA ,I guess is nearly a decade old game and VC is much more older I guess.

You tell us first how many people are still playing SA and then we'll give you an estimate of our players compared to that. Obviously, most people here don't play SA:MP that much, so we wouldn't know if VC:MP is actually more popular than SA:MP.

Thijn

According to the SAMP site there's around 35k players online when I looked it up. There's 66 in VC:MP.

So yeah, you can state SAMP has more players :)

Sebastian

* sseebbyy waits @Stormeus' answer. (about this new VC:MP Version ~0.4~, and how many new features exists, that should increase the player database in time)

Stormeus

Quote from: sseebbyy on Apr 18, 2015, 10:49 PM
* sseebbyy waits @Stormeus' answer. (about this new VC:MP Version ~0.4~, and how many new features exists, that should increase the player database in time)

Well it's a huge step up from 0.3 and puts us roughly on par with SA:MP (if not better). Can't expect more people to show up if no one promotes VC:MP outside the community, so I suppose we'd be putting up news releases on ModDB and posting on GTAGarage to get some more people.

I'd love to go on about everything that's been added but I'm a bit sick and don't think I'm really up for it at the moment. :P

@stormeus Do you know why people play SAMP? Because we have sh!tty gamemodes/scripts ;D

Stormeus

Quote from: S.L.C on Apr 18, 2015, 11:55 PM@stormeus Do you know why people play SAMP? Because we have sh!tty gamemodes/scripts ;D

Do you know why we have shitty scripts? Because for the past seven years we've been stuck with a server version that only allows for basic DM. :P

Quote from: stormeus on Apr 19, 2015, 12:53 AMBecause for the past seven years we've been stuck with a server version that only allows for basic DM. :P

True ;D

ysc3839

Quote from: NviDa. on Apr 18, 2015, 07:00 PMHey guys! SA-MP player here!Been playing SA-MP for long time.I was just going through my YouTube ,video like history.And found a video related to VCMP .So I searched for VCMP forums and reached here.

So just out of curiosity ,is VC-MP still popular?I mean do people still play VC-MP?If so ,is it more than SA-MP?Cause SA ,I guess is nearly a decade old game and VC is much more older I guess.
I think GTA Online is more popular :D

DizzasTeR

I have been playing Grand theft auto Vice city's, San andreas's multiplayer for a long long time, and I had started with SA:MP basically, afterwards I found VC:MP and at the same time MTA:SA, Till that time I observed as @stormeus said that the old version was not that efficient enough to handle large or new gamemodes...

But hey! 0.4 is like turning the glob completely, I would still say the capabilities of VCMP in 0.4 has beaten a % of SAMP, If the developers keep going active this way, it won't take much time till you guys have have a vcmp list with 100 or more servers having all different gamemodes in them.

So basically according to me vcmp 0.4 is pretty awesome at the moment, it allows alot of things to implement now and I guess the only reason player count is low is because some died waiting for 0.4 to come out (lol) and some even don't know that its here already, shortly people need to know.

Players here should keep posting videos about 0.4 so more and more guys should be attracted and anyway, its great already. So the answer t your questions are that VCMP was never that popular, but yes it kinda is, VCMP is still played indeed and it is almost after sa:mp.

See you in a server soon then!

Goku

I think VCMP is best for duel. Thats why many players love VCMP. But SAMP has more features than VCMP. Thats why SAMP is popular.
Also, VCMP has less gamemodes. VCMP is not so popular.
Hey Stormeus, Can you add swimming in Servers???
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

DizzasTeR

Quote from: Dangerous on Apr 19, 2015, 04:34 AMAlso, VCMP has less gamemodes. VCMP is not so popular.

Until before 0.4 was not released, but now, there are more gamemodes.

Goku

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Apr 19, 2015, 05:06 AM
Quote from: Dangerous on Apr 19, 2015, 04:34 AMAlso, VCMP has less gamemodes. VCMP is not so popular.

Until before 0.4 was not released, but now, there are more gamemodes.

Anyone can release gamemodes????
There is only one thing that i know about life - Some mistakes happen by chance, but some mistakes happen because we make 'em happen.

Stormeus

Quote from: Dangerous on Apr 19, 2015, 04:34 AMHey Stormeus, Can you add swimming in Servers???

Maybe in 0.5. Adding swimming is more significant than you think.

Goku

Quote from: stormeus on Apr 19, 2015, 05:57 AM
Quote from: Dangerous on Apr 19, 2015, 04:34 AMHey Stormeus, Can you add swimming in Servers???

Maybe in 0.5. Adding swimming is more significant than you think.
Hmm.... Right