Truly latest server version

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jul 07, 2015, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

Lets see if you can figure out how I did this :P
Note: I didnt edit the image to change that 2 to 3.

karan20000000000

simple but then i dont think so you'll be able to join server. Just add this line in server.cfg
version potato
With regards,
KP
------------------------------------------

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: karan20000000000 on Jul 07, 2015, 04:19 PMsimple but then i dont think so you'll be able to join server. Just add this line in server.cfg
version potato
Wow I didnt know this. Thanks btw.

DeViL_JiN

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 07, 2015, 04:36 PM
Quote from: karan20000000000 on Jul 07, 2015, 04:19 PMsimple but then i dont think so you'll be able to join server. Just add this line in server.cfg
version potato
Wow I didnt know this. Thanks btw.

Thijn

Or you hax the query protocol:

saim

i reinstal my game and when i instal my 04rel003 and 2 so this page is open but not run game  version use by server is not installed and faild to download

jayant

@saim - What you can do is, delete old version file 04rel00 something. Close server browser & open again. It should download new files automatically, if not, join any server with version 04rel003 ;)

KAKAN

oh no

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 07, 2015, 08:24 PMOr you hax the query protocol:

I can do it to attract more players :D
Also you can do many things with custom packets example NPCs

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 23, 2015, 05:47 PMAlso you can do many things with custom packets example NPCs

Not making any sense there :-\

EK.IceFlake

You can make NPCs by telling the client that this player (which actually NPC) is here did that etc by sending packets to clients. Aka the sync query mechanism

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 23, 2015, 08:27 PMYou can make NPCs by telling the client that this player (which actually NPC) is here did that etc by sending packets to clients. Aka the sync query mechanism

I mean I guess you could if you reverse engineered the packets, hooked the server (or created a custom client) and wrote an entire AI system that's aware of all of the world geometry so it doesn't look like the NPC is phasing through walls.