List of bugs and suggestions

Murdock

• LU Beta Tester
List of bugs and suggestions
« on August 30th, 2015, 01:07 AM »Last edited
Before I went on holidays, I wrote a list of all bugs i had noticed while scripting my server.
Now that I'm back, I noticed not all of them have been fixed yet, thus I will post the remains of the list as follows;

Bugs:
  • Setting weapon damage only seems to work for melee weapons (As stated in this topic)
  • Setting flags for custom weapons like damage and range in the xml seem to change for both custom weapon and the original (logical) weapon
  • Names of images inside texture files cannot be the same as a file inside another texture file, though maxorator said he was aware of this
  • Joining a server that has low latency causes the client to reconnect 1 or 2 times before joining, together with the bug mentioned about the crash on disconnect it could take up to a minute to join a localhost server.
  • When walking/driving on objects (ie. a bridge) the objects tend to disappear for less than a second, but long enough to make the player fall through it
  • When placing objects on sea (near the Cortez yacht), the coordinates of players, pickups and objects tend to differ
  • Sometimes deleted objects and pickups do not get deleted, instead the collision gets removed and the object becomes only visible from 1 angle
  • The SetHandlingRule function for vehicles does not work with custom vehicles, thus making it harder to create a proper handling for them
  • When a custom sound is playing while driving a vehicle, the sound will stop playing when the vehicle collides with another object
  • When storing GUI references inside a table/array, iterating through them becomes impossible.
    Removing all references is only possible by setting the table to null.
  • When changing the world of a player, often markers on the radar of the players in the previous world would not get deleted
  • Using explosives on a custom object will make all players that are on the object sliding
  • Strange behaviour involving pickups; after picked up the objects disappears but corona stays in place
  • pickup.Respawn() does not seem to work and onPickupRespawn event does not get called
  • Changes to sphere properties (radius/color etc) do not appear until its world is changed
  • Browser: Sorting servers by version does not work
  • Browser: When there are a lot of players the playerlist is not showing (as was the case in vicewar with 80 players)

Suggestions:
  • Setting gameplay options such as drive on water and stuntbike per player or world
  • Function to make certain objects dynamic (allow gravity to affect the object), includes having its position/movement synced
  • Setting weather and gravity per player or world (especially useful in RPGs where worlds are used for other buildings, we don't want rain in them)
  • Function to toggle collision of an object per player
  • Option to loop sounds (useful for sounds like alarms)
  • Synced game counter to sync waves, traffic lights and radio stations
  • Custom weapon IDs on player kill event
  • A function like attachEntityToEntity, where entity can be vehicle, player or object
  • A function to attach entity to player bone, as done in SAMP
  • A function to hide a pickup for a specific player
  • An option to toggle the taxi light of a vehicle
  • An option to add or remove cuban exhaust flames to a vehicl
  • Support multiple passengers in the Coach like in 0.3
  • Custom animations support with player.SetAnim, just like with custom weapons
  • All maxorator's vehicle loader features, like support for weapons on vehicles
  • Since it's possible to use other walking styles using custom skins, a player.SetWalkingStyle function would be useful
  • A function to get the position where the player's crosshair is aiming at
  • RGB support for vehicle colors, settable during gameplay (I believe it's already supported in MVL)
  • Setting marker type for players, vehicles and objects. (Radar blip, floating arrow above entity or both) This was added in LU as well.
  • Client-side sound and timer functions
  • Client-side functions to set position and alpha of objects and vehicles (useful for map editing)
  • Client-side function to move an object or vehicle by mouse movement (useful to position object in map editing)
  • An event for extinguishing fires with the firetruck would certainly make RPG servers better
  • FastDL
  • Custom bullet trail texture for custom weapons
  • Synced and settable vehicle variations (vehicle+0x1A2) (opcode 0506 allows a combination of 2 variations to be set)
  • Possibility for players to hijack vehicles or pull players out their car
  • Flag to check if entity is in water
  • Synced and settable vehicle light damage (vehicle+0x2B0) (sync required because lights can also break when ramming the vehicle)
  • Flag to make a custom object pop tyres like the spikestrip objects in singleplayer
  • Sync for other players peds being on fire, and an option to toggle it similar to the bleeding ped option
  • An additional option to player immunities to make a player immune to headshots

NewK

• VC:MP Beta Tester
Re: List of bugs and suggestions
« Reply #1, on August 30th, 2015, 01:56 AM »Last edited on August 30th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Quote from Murdock on August 30th, 2015, 01:07 AM
  • Bikes reverse too fast after the custom vehicles update
This one's hilarious. The first time I found out about this was with a pizza boy, it was actually faster in reverse than normally   driving forward.
Quote from Murdock on August 30th, 2015, 01:07 AM
  • A player can still be killed after applying all immunity flags
Yea this one's the most frustrating for me, since the anti-spawn kill system in the CTF server relies on it and it's basically useless without it :/

DizzasTeR

• Infinite loops defy infinity by overflowing memory
« Reply #2, on August 30th, 2015, 04:32 AM »
I totally agree on all the suggestions posted up there, I can't even tell which is the most important of all in those suggestions since all of them are important to take VCMP to a higher level. Nice list Murdock, hope the devs will get this for us soon.

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor
You can contact me using Discord, at Developers.CPP( check off-board to find the invite link )
Github: https://github.com/theKAKAN

Castagna

« Reply #4, on August 31st, 2015, 08:53 AM »
In addition to Murdock's list I would like to attach a few bugs client and plugin related:

(highlighted the most urgent and critical requests)

• Objects added via AddObject aren't not being shown in spawn-screen.
  • Sphere radius < 2 won't work
  • Using custom RGB color classes via server.conf makes disappear all the vehicles for no reason
  • Either -1 and 255 aren't applying FFA/DM classes via server.conf.

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor
« Reply #5, on August 31st, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Hmm, I have never tried to add classes with server.conf, actually I don't have a server.conf file in my server AT ALL
You can contact me using Discord, at Developers.CPP( check off-board to find the invite link )

EK.IceFlake

• "We are the champions my fellahs" - Sufyan/VK.SuFy

Thijn

« Reply #7, on August 31st, 2015, 04:57 PM »
@Castagna Are you talking about classes or vehicles? I'm confused.
If you mean classes, make sure you have an "a" attribute with a default value of 255 for Alpha.

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor

DizzasTeR

• Infinite loops defy infinity by overflowing memory
« Reply #9, on August 31st, 2015, 05:52 PM »
@Thijn, He is talking about classes ( skins ). In 0.3 applying team = 255 or -1 would make it free for all ( independent ). You can kill anyone, which is not working in 0.4

Thijn

« Reply #10, on August 31st, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Quote from Doom_Killer on August 31st, 2015, 05:52 PM
@Thijn, He is talking about classes ( skins ). In 0.3 applying team = 255 or -1 would make it free for all ( independent ). You can kill anyone, which is not working in 0.4
I was talking about the first bold point.

Castagna

maxorator

• VC:MP Developer
« Reply #12, on August 31st, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Quote from Castagna on August 31st, 2015, 07:31 PM
@Thijn I'm talking about the vehicles. Custom RGB in classes are working like a charm.
RGB colours were never supported though. Which means the plugin fails to read them since it doesn't recognize the format, then obviously the vehicles are not created.

KAKAN

• Wiki Contributor
« Reply #13, on September 1st, 2015, 06:57 PM »
RGB colours are recognized, before some days when i was using ADM script, that time, custom RGB and vehicles were through server.conf file, and they were working like a charm, I never has any problems regarding to custom RGB classes from server.conf

krystianoo

• Secret Slayers representative