[Crash] 0xc000007b

Started by GangstaRas, May 18, 2015, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GangstaRas

I have already read the previous report on it http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=202.msg1048#msg1048http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=202.msg1048#msg1048 but unfortunately he had a VCMP error message. I'm having the "The application was unable to start correctly" message instead as Thijn differentiated in that previous topic. I've tried just about everything to solve this, I made sure Visual C++ 2013 32 and 64 bit were installed, that didn't help so I continued installing earlier versions until I was all the way back to 2005's set, still nothing. I'm just about ready to screw up my .NET Framework because idk what this program needs right about now.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Honey

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but have you tried reinstalling VCMP and VC? And make sure your vcmp is not installed in the same directory as your GTA:VC

GangstaRas

Yep all of that has been done over and over :(

Stormeus

Check the sticky thread, I need a crash log.

GangstaRas

There is no directory that exist for the crash log if C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/VCMP is still being used . Checked the VCMP install as well, nothing.

GangstaRas

if it helps this is a computer that was previously Windows 8 then upgraded to Windows 8.1. However I dont remember if I first installed VCMP 0.4 when it was Windows 8 then upgraded or if I did it after the upgrade

Honey

It's weird because I have the crashlogs folder in my Directory :

GangstaRas

i have the folder on my desktop too but the laptop doesnt have it. i'd think its because the program has never successfully booted once for it to create one :-\

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: GangstaRas on May 18, 2015, 04:02 PMI have already read the previous report on it http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=202.msg1048#msg1048http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=202.msg1048#msg1048 but unfortunately he had a VCMP error message. I'm having the "The application was unable to start correctly" message instead as Thijn differentiated in that previous topic. I've tried just about everything to solve this, I made sure Visual C++ 2013 32 and 64 bit were installed, that didn't help so I continued installing earlier versions until I was all the way back to 2005's set, still nothing. I'm just about ready to screw up my .NET Framework because idk what this program needs right about now.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit.
No mine was the same as your message. Remove all vcredists, uninstall VCMP and download(*Yes, not your old installer*) new.

GangstaRas

Thanks for the input but I just solved it. Outside of this, I had a dll error whenever I tried to load my steam copy of GTA VC (msvcr120.dll missing). I knew it was Visual C++ related but I thought it was 2012, when I reread today it was 2013. I reinstalled 2013 like crazy back then and it didn't help but then another thing I read, it was on the 0x000007b error, was that its usually a 32 bit program trying to use 64 bit dlls. Didn't make sense to me cuz I have both 32 and 64 bit installed on the desktop and it works but I went on the hunch, installed the 32 bit version only of vcredist this time, program finally runs and side error of starting GTA is gone. I'm going to install the 64 bit version see if it messes up things again but the headache is finally solved.

EDIT:
Everything now works in harmony. 32 and 64 bit versions of vcredist now installed. My advice to anyone else that should get this problem, install the 32 bit version only at first, verify it works then u install the 64 bit version for your other programs that may need it. Also verify that your .NET framework is in working condition because when I fumbled with mine to repair/uninstall it, it was saying a later version was already installed (they were the same version). What happened for me was that my .NET installs got corrupted; a Microsoft Fix It executable for .NET 4.5 fixed it and I did the repair install. I mention this as I read that .NET handles the 32 64 bit differences for programs? So if its screwed u get this error as well. Food for thought, there can never be enough detail for stressers like this.